The Trunk: Tools-mt.648.mcz

commits-2
Marcel Taeumel uploaded a new version of Tools to project The Trunk:
http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Tools-mt.648.mcz

Name: Tools-mt.648
Author: mt
Time: 11 November 2015, 11:37:21.441 am
UUID: d885e8b0-3f9b-4e54-a359-3d2bcbb17f61
Ancestors: Tools-cmm.647

Make the preference "extraDebuggerButtons" functional again. This was a regression since Squeak 3.9.

=============== Diff against Tools-cmm.647 ===============

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: Debugger>>buildCodePaneWith: (in category 'toolbuilder') -----
+ buildCodePaneWith: builder
+
+ | textSpec top controlButtons browseButtons annoSpec |
+ top := builder pluggablePanelSpec new.
+ top children: OrderedCollection new.
+
+ controlButtons := self buildControlButtonsWith: builder.
+ controlButtons frame: self controlButtonsFrame.
+ top children add: controlButtons.
+
+ self wantsOptionalButtons ifTrue: [
+ browseButtons := self buildOptionalButtonsWith: builder.
+ browseButtons frame: self optionalButtonsFrame.
+ top children add: browseButtons].
+
+ textSpec := builder pluggableCodePaneSpec new.
+ textSpec
+ model: self;
+ getText: #contents;
+ setText: #contents:notifying:;
+ selection: #contentsSelection;
+ menu: #codePaneMenu:shifted:;
+ frame: self textFrame.
+ top children add: textSpec.
+
+ self wantsAnnotationPane ifTrue: [
+ annoSpec := self buildAnnotationPaneWith: builder.
+ annoSpec frame: self annotationFrame.
+ top children add: annoSpec].
+ .
+ ^ top!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: Debugger>>buildControlButtonsWith: (in category 'toolbuilder') -----
+ buildControlButtonsWith: builder
+
+ | panelSpec |
+ panelSpec := builder pluggablePanelSpec new.
+ panelSpec children: OrderedCollection new.
+ self customButtonSpecs do:[:spec|
+ | buttonSpec |
+ buttonSpec := builder pluggableActionButtonSpec new.
+ buttonSpec model: self.
+ buttonSpec label: spec first.
+ buttonSpec action: spec second.
+ spec second == #methodHierarchy ifTrue:[
+ buttonSpec color: #inheritanceButtonColor.
+ ].
+ spec size > 2 ifTrue:[buttonSpec help: spec third].
+ panelSpec children add: buttonSpec.
+ ].
+
+ panelSpec layout: #horizontal. "buttons"
+ ^panelSpec!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: Debugger>>contextStackFrame (in category 'toolbuilder') -----
  contextStackFrame

- | topOffset |
- topOffset := self wantsOptionalButtons
- ifTrue: [self buttonHeight]
- ifFalse: [0].
-
  ^LayoutFrame new
  leftFraction: 0 offset: 0;
+ topFraction: 0 offset: self buttonHeight;
- topFraction: 0 offset: topOffset;
  rightFraction: 1 offset: 0;
  bottomFraction: 1 offset: 0!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: Debugger>>controlButtonsFrame (in category 'toolbuilder') -----
+ controlButtonsFrame
+ ^LayoutFrame new
+ leftFraction: 0 offset: 0;
+ topFraction: 0 offset: 0;
+ rightFraction: 1 offset: 0;
+ bottomFraction: 0 offset: self buttonHeight!

Item was removed:
- ----- Method: Debugger>>optionalButtonPairs (in category 'initialize') -----
- optionalButtonPairs
- "Actually, return triples.  Only the custom debugger-specific buttons are shown"
- ^ self customButtonSpecs!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: Debugger>>optionalButtonsFrame (in category 'toolbuilder') -----
+ optionalButtonsFrame
+ ^LayoutFrame new
+ leftFraction: 0 offset: 0;
+ topFraction: 0 offset: self buttonHeight;
+ rightFraction: 1 offset: 0;
+ bottomFraction: 0 offset: self buttonHeight*2!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: Debugger>>textFrame (in category 'toolbuilder') -----
+ textFrame
+
+ ^ super textFrame
+ topOffset: (self wantsOptionalButtons ifTrue: [self buttonHeight * 2] ifFalse: [self buttonHeight]);
+ yourself!

Item was changed:
+ ----- Method: Debugger>>wantsOptionalButtons (in category 'toolbuilder') -----
- ----- Method: Debugger>>wantsOptionalButtons (in category 'initialize') -----
  wantsOptionalButtons
  "The debugger benefits so majorly from the optional buttons that we put them up regardless of the global setting.  Some traditionalists will want to change this method manually!!"

+ ^ Preferences extraDebuggerButtons!
- ^ true!

Re: The Trunk: Tools-mt.648.mcz

marcel.taeumel

Re: The Trunk: Tools-mt.648.mcz

Karl Ramberg
This is great :-)

Karl

On Wed, Nov 11, 2015 at 11:44 AM, marcel.taeumel <[hidden email]> wrote:
<http://forum.world.st/file/n4860322/debugger-full.png>

Re: The Trunk: Tools-mt.648.mcz

marcel.taeumel
I decided to hide/remove the source/diff/bytecodes button because we have no step into or step or or pc range for those other views (yet? ;-)).

Best,
Marcel