The Trunk: XML-Parser-tpr.45.mcz

commits-2
tim Rowledge uploaded a new version of XML-Parser to project The Trunk:
http://source.squeak.org/trunk/XML-Parser-tpr.45.mcz

Name: XML-Parser-tpr.45
Author: tpr
Time: 8 January 2019, 4:30:40.627647 pm
UUID: b6cfe816-cabd-439e-9775-7472c551b4c7
Ancestors: XML-Parser-ul.44

Use FileServices as the registry instead of FileList

=============== Diff against XML-Parser-ul.44 ===============

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: XMLDOMParser class>>initialize (in category 'initialize-release') -----
  initialize
  "register the receiver in the global registries"
  self environment
+ at: #FileServices
- at: #FileList
  ifPresent: [:cl | cl registerFileReader: self]!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: XMLDOMParser class>>unload (in category 'initialize-release') -----
  unload
  "Unload the receiver from global registries"
  self environment
+ at: #FileServices
- at: #FileList
  ifPresent: [:cl | cl unregisterFileReader: self]!

Re: The Trunk: XML-Parser-tpr.45.mcz

timrowledge
That is (I hope) the last of the batch of changes that move the file services registry explicitly to FileServices instead of FileList. Which is a small step along the (now, years-long) path to clean out StandardFileMenu et al., which is in turn a small step along the path to cleaning out the menu system.

It all seemed like such a simple project back in 2013...

tim
Strange OpCodes: CPM: Change Programmer's Mind

Re: The Trunk: XML-Parser-tpr.45.mcz

Craig Latta

     Tim writes:

> It all seemed like such a simple project back in 2013...

     Don't worry, breathe deeply, there is only The Now... :)

-C

--
Craig Latta
Black Page Digital

Re: The Trunk: XML-Parser-tpr.45.mcz

timrowledge

> On 2019-01-08, at 11:48 PM, Craig Latta <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>     Tim writes:
>
>> It all seemed like such a simple project back in 2013...
>
>     Don't worry, breathe deeply, there is only The Now... :)

I think I might have stage managed one of their concerts waaaay back...

tim
Strange OpCodes: VDP: Violate Design Parameters