The Weekly Squeak - some statistics

Chris Cunnington
http://news.squeak.org/

I've been posting The Weekly Squeak for six months. I never looked at the statistics until today. A slow day for The Weekly Squeak is 70 views.

The weirdest thing is the number of views of old posts. I guess people reach them by Google? The top ten posts for the last week are:

* = posted in the last month

Mmm...RaspberryPi *
Help Design The New squeak.org *
Squeak On Android
64-bit image *
Old Smalltalk Pics From PARC
JSSqueak -Smalltalk interpreter
Tangible User Interface for Squeak

Most of the views come from North America and northern Europe. There are also views from Korea, Thailand, Japan, Australia, Spain, Columbia, and Argentina.

Do robots scan blogs? Do they count as visitors? At any rate, more people look at this than I would have suspected. By way of contrast and to address the idea that visitors are just robots, The Squeak Oversight Board blog has an average daily visitor count of eight views.

We can conclude two things: Squeakers may be low on the ground but all around the world; and, the Raspberry Pi is the most viewed post for awhile. Everybody likes π.

Chris

Re: The Weekly Squeak - some statistics

Frank Shearar-3
On 3 December 2012 17:26, Chris Cunnington
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> http://news.squeak.org/
>
> I've been posting The Weekly Squeak for six months. I never looked at the
> statistics until today. A slow day for The Weekly Squeak is 70 views.
>
> The weirdest thing is the number of views of old posts. I guess people reach
> them by Google? The top ten posts for the last week are:
>
> * = posted in the last month
>
> Mmm...RaspberryPi *
> Help Design The New squeak.org *
> Squeak On Android
> 64-bit image *
> Old Smalltalk Pics From PARC
> JSSqueak -Smalltalk interpreter
> Tangible User Interface for Squeak
>
> Most of the views come from North America and northern Europe. There are
> also views from Korea, Thailand, Japan, Australia, Spain, Columbia, and
> Argentina.
>
> Do robots scan blogs? Do they count as visitors? At any rate, more people
> look at this than I would have suspected. By way of contrast and to address
> the idea that visitors are just robots, The Squeak Oversight Board blog has
> an average daily visitor count of eight views.
>
> We can conclude two things: Squeakers may be low on the ground but all
> around the world; and, the Raspberry Pi is the most viewed post for awhile.
> Everybody likes π.

Love is irrational, after all.

frank

> Chris

Re: The Weekly Squeak - some statistics

Colin Putney-3

On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 9:26 AM, Chris Cunnington <[hidden email]> wrote:
Everybody likes π.

Nah. Give me τ any day.

Colin

On 3 December 2012 18:21, Colin Putney <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 9:26 AM, Chris Cunnington
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Everybody likes π.
>

> Nah. Give me τ any day.

But that's only because it's twice as much! (*)

frank

(*) Agreeing and explaining why would only ruin the party, so I'll keep quiet :)

> Colin

Re: The Weekly Squeak - some statistics

timrowledge

On 03-12-2012, at 11:49 AM, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> Nah. Give me τ any day.
>
> But that's only because it's twice as much! (*)
Oh, φ on you ☺

tim
bicycle - a double headed corn cutter