Tidepool, a place to play and learn

1 message Options

Tidepool, a place to play and learn

Timothy Falconer-2

Hi everyone,

Today, Waveplace is very excited to announce a new software project …

Tidepool .. a place to play and learn.

Taking the experience we’ve gained over the last five years teaching Sugar, Etoys, and Scratch in places like Haiti and Nicaragua,  we’ve decided to create a brand-new learning system, one that furthers the cause of constructionist learning through a multi-touch interface, open API, and new programming paradigm.

When will it be available?   When it’s ready.   We’re currently in the alpha stage with our core group of twelve collaborators.  We’ll start an open beta sometime in 2013.

To see our “big bullets”, visit http://waveplace.org/tidepool.

Follow our blog at http://waveplace.org/news/blog.

We’ve thought about what kind of software we’d create for years, now’s our chance to make it real.  We hope you like it!

Take care,
Tim

--
Timothy Falconer