TimeZoneDatabase updated on SqueakMap (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tz_database)

David T. Lewis
TimeZoneDatabase is the Olsen tz database (*) integrated with Squeak Chronology
to provide full time zone support and correct calculation of times and
durations in the image.

The package is now updated to account for recent changes to Date creation
in Squeak trunk (new instances created relative to UTC rather than local
time). All KernelTests-Chronology and Time-TimeZones-test unit tests pass.

The latest version can be loaded through the SqueakMap package loader, or
from the repository at www.squeaksource.com/TimeZoneDatabase.

Dave

(*) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tz_database

Re: TimeZoneDatabase updated on SqueakMap (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tz_database)

Hannes Hirzel
Excellent,

thank you,

Dave

Maybe some other people find time to verify that non-image packages
work properly with the 4.4. release candidate.

Population of SqueakMap would be fine so that the 4.4. release does
not come with an "empty app store"

:-)

Hannes

On 11/27/12, David T. Lewis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> TimeZoneDatabase is the Olsen tz database (*) integrated with Squeak
> Chronology
> to provide full time zone support and correct calculation of times and
> durations in the image.
>
> The package is now updated to account for recent changes to Date creation
> in Squeak trunk (new instances created relative to UTC rather than local
> time). All KernelTests-Chronology and Time-TimeZones-test unit tests pass.
>
> The latest version can be loaded through the SqueakMap package loader, or
> from the repository at www.squeaksource.com/TimeZoneDatabase.
>
> Dave
>
> (*) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tz_database

Need a SqueakMap category for Squeak 4.4 (was: TimeZoneDatabase updated on SqueakMap)

David T. Lewis
On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 02:47:12PM +0000, H. Hirzel wrote:

> Excellent,
>
> thank you,
>
> Dave
>
> Maybe some other people find time to verify that non-image packages
> work properly with the 4.4. release candidate.
>
> Population of SqueakMap would be fine so that the 4.4. release does
> not come with an "empty app store"
>
> :-)

Now that you mention it, we need a new "Squeak 4.4" category added to
SqueakMap so that updates can be certified as compatible with 4.4. I think
the image is stable enough right now so that package maintainers can
verify package compatibility.

Dave

Re: Need a SqueakMap category for Squeak 4.4 (was: TimeZoneDatabase updated on SqueakMap)

Chris Muller-3
Done.

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 9:15 AM, David T. Lewis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 02:47:12PM +0000, H. Hirzel wrote:
>> Excellent,
>>
>> thank you,
>>
>> Dave
>>
>> Maybe some other people find time to verify that non-image packages
>> work properly with the 4.4. release candidate.
>>
>> Population of SqueakMap would be fine so that the 4.4. release does
>> not come with an "empty app store"
>>
>> :-)
>

> Now that you mention it, we need a new "Squeak 4.4" category added to
> SqueakMap so that updates can be certified as compatible with 4.4. I think
> the image is stable enough right now so that package maintainers can
> verify package compatibility.
>
> Dave

Re: Need a SqueakMap category for Squeak 4.4

Stéphane Rollandin
> Now that you mention it, we need a new "Squeak 4.4" category added to
> SqueakMap so that updates can be certified as compatible with 4.4. I think
> the image is stable enough right now so that package maintainers can
> verify package compatibility.

By the way, where can a recent 4.4 image be found ?
At ftp.squeak.org the latest image is from March.

Re: Need a SqueakMap category for Squeak 4.4

Frank Shearar-3
On 27 November 2012 16:36, Stéphane Rollandin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Now that you mention it, we need a new "Squeak 4.4" category added to
>> SqueakMap so that updates can be certified as compatible with 4.4. I think
>> the image is stable enough right now so that package maintainers can
>> verify package compatibility.
>

> By the way, where can a recent 4.4 image be found ?
> At ftp.squeak.org the latest image is from March.

http://squeakci.org/job/SqueakTrunk/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/*zip*/archive.zip

contains the latest, hot-off-the-press 4.4 image.

frank

Re: Need a SqueakMap category for Squeak 4.4

Darius Clarke
Should the UI text and About Box still say it's 4.3 ?

- Darius

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 9:07 AM, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 27 November 2012 16:36, Stéphane Rollandin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Now that you mention it, we need a new "Squeak 4.4" category added to
>> SqueakMap so that updates can be certified as compatible with 4.4. I think
>> the image is stable enough right now so that package maintainers can
>> verify package compatibility.
>

> By the way, where can a recent 4.4 image be found ?
> At ftp.squeak.org the latest image is from March.

http://squeakci.org/job/SqueakTrunk/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/*zip*/archive.zip

contains the latest, hot-off-the-press 4.4 image.

frank

Re: Need a SqueakMap category for Squeak 4.4

Frank Shearar-3
Yes, for the moment: we haven't got around to altering the windows
created as part of the 4.3 release.

frank