TinLizzie wiki

Dave-124
I was browsing the One Laptop Per Child site
http://wiki.laptop.org/index.php/Wiki_as_an_ebook_reader
and came accross http://www.logowiki.net/
On this wiki, which supports working Logo programs on the wiki pages,
there was a link to TinLizzie, which is supposed to be a wiki which
supports eToys embeded in wiki pages.  I tried the link, which started
a Squeak plug-in, but it came up with an error message with the
http://www.squeakland.org/project.jsp?http://tinlizzie.org/repos/shared/To%20Do%20List.odp

Can you provide us with additional info on TinLizzie or supply a link
that works, so that we can play with it?  This sounds like a wonderful
environment for using Squeak in the classroom.

Thanks,
Dave
http://squeak.pbwiki.com

Re: TinLizzie wiki

Alan Kay
Hi --

Good prowling.

We plan to make this new plugin available sometime this summer -- right now it is "experimental".

The current link to this on the LogoWiki site says:

"TinLizzie" is a WYSIWYG wiki that implements Etoys using a special document format (and it needs a plugin that is not yet generally distributed). To test it go here

I put this link in to have a nice jumping off place for some demos I'm giving over the next few months.

TinLizzie is essentially a re-engineering of important parts of the Etoy environment to try to put together a more efficient and accessible architecture for the $100 laptop project, and a big yet to be started educational project in South Africa.

Cheers,

Alan