Today's Education Grid meeting in Second Life - Immersive Education Friday Feb 01 at 2:30pm EST (11:30am PST / Second Life time)

1 message Options

Today's Education Grid meeting in Second Life - Immersive Education Friday Feb 01 at 2:30pm EST (11:30am PST / Second Life time)

Aaron E. Walsh
As a follow-up to our Education Grid discussions that started at the Summit
we'll have a 1 hour meeting this afternoon (Friday Feb 1st) in Second Life. This
is an informal (ad-hoc) meeting to discuss the first draft requirements of the
Education Grid.

If you'd like to receive meeting announcements in-world (within Second Life)
please join the "Immersive Education" group (search Second Life groups for
"Immersive Education" to join).

Today's meeting will be held in Second Life and is hosted by Sun Microsystems.
For future meetings we'll gather in Wonderland and Croquet as well. During the 1
hour meeting today we'll review and discuss the general requirements for the
Education Grid, which in turn will provide feedback for the requirements draft.

Please join us if you would like to participate in the design of the Education
Grid (or even if you'd just like to know more about this Immersive Education
project). Below is the link to the Sun Microsystems venue where we'll meet,
along with a link to overview slides for the Education Grid. Please note that
when today's meeting starts the slides below will be updated:

    Event : Education Grid meeting in Second Life (Immersive Education)
    Date  : Friday Feb 01 2008
    Time  : 2:30-3:30pm EST (11:30-12:30pm PST / Second Life time)
    Venue : http://slurl.com/secondlife/Sun%20Microsystems/123/23/63
    Slides: http://ImmersiveEducation.org/EducationGrid/

The slides page (above) contains transparent PNG images which are best viewed in
Firefox or the latest version of Internet Explorer (older browsers will show
blocks of white).

Feel free to drop in at any time during the meeting.

Best regards,
Aaron
--
Boston College: http://bc.edu