Tool sizes

Eliot Miranda-2
Hi Marcel,

     one thing I find frustrating is continually having to resize new debuggers and browsers because I have a big screen and am debugging over long methods etc.  Are you motivated to implement a per-window-type suggested window size (& perhaps position) that would remember the last resizing of a particular window type?  Of perhaps is if already there behind a preference I don't know about?

Eliot (phone)

Re: Tool sizes

Chris Muller-3
Hi Eliot, remembering the last window size sounds nice, but did you
also know about Berts blue-drag and pinch-zoom gestures?  I find they
reduce the effort needed for window sizing and positioning by about
90% vs. dragging titlebars and window frames.

   Control + blue-swipe downward and rightward -- instant growth of any window
   Control + blue-swipe upward and lefward -- instant reduction of any window
   Blue-drag -- grab a window anywhere (not just its title bar) and
drag it to desired place.

On Sat, Apr 18, 2015 at 11:58 AM, Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Marcel,
>
>      one thing I find frustrating is continually having to resize new debuggers and browsers because I have a big screen and am debugging over long methods etc.  Are you motivated to implement a per-window-type suggested window size (& perhaps position) that would remember the last resizing of a particular window type?  Of perhaps is if already there behind a preference I don't know about?
>
> Eliot (phone)

Re: Tool sizes

Chris Muller-3
>    Control + blue-swipe downward and rightward -- instant growth of any window
>    Control + blue-swipe upward and lefward -- instant reduction of any window
>    Blue-drag -- grab a window anywhere (not just its title bar) and
> drag it to desired place.

On Linux, the first two gestures, above, only work if
#swapMouseButtons is disabled.

While verifying that, I just noticed that, when its enabled, blue-drag
on a window causes that pane to scroll!!  I didn't know about that,
that is kind of cool but it should be controlled by a separate
preference, not swapMouseButtons, because sizing is much more useful
than scrolling..

Re: Tool sizes

Karl Ramberg
RealEstateAgent should be the place window size and window placement should be set.
Remembering window placement is not implemented as far as I can tell.

Debugger>>initialExtent is set to 600@700, but that is not used.

Extent is set in:
Debugger>>buildFullWith:

Karl

On Sat, Apr 18, 2015 at 11:03 PM, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:
>    Control + blue-swipe downward and rightward -- instant growth of any window
>    Control + blue-swipe upward and lefward -- instant reduction of any window
>    Blue-drag -- grab a window anywhere (not just its title bar) and
> drag it to desired place.

On Linux, the first two gestures, above, only work if
#swapMouseButtons is disabled.

While verifying that, I just noticed that, when its enabled, blue-drag
on a window causes that pane to scroll!!  I didn't know about that,
that is kind of cool but it should be controlled by a separate
preference, not swapMouseButtons, because sizing is much more useful
than scrolling..

Re: Tool sizes

marcel.taeumel (old)
Note that the RealEstateManager will shrink a window to fit if its size is not appropriate for your current screen resolution.

Best,
Marcel

Re: Tool sizes

marcel.taeumel (old)
First step done: http://forum.world.st/The-Trunk-Tools-mt-599-mcz-td4820536.html

"Debugger>>#initialExtent" and "Debugger>>#initialExtentForNotifier" can now be modified and will be considered for the next debugging window.

Best,
Marcel