ToolBuilder Gtk backend

Luca Bruno aka Lethalman
Hello,
i was looking at ToolBuilder classes and at the Morphic implementation.
Is it a good choice to create a Gtk frontend to the toolset? Will be
ToolBuilder kept for Squeak 3.9 final?

Bye.

www.lethalman.net - Thoughts about internet technologies

Re: ToolBuilder Gtk backend

Marcus Denker

On 02.08.2006, at 22:35, Bruno Luca wrote:

> Hello,
> i was looking at ToolBuilder classes and at the Morphic
> implementation.
> Is it a good choice to create a Gtk frontend to the toolset? Will
> be ToolBuilder kept for Squeak 3.9 final?

Yes, ToolBuilder is part of 3.9. We just removed the "ToolPlus" (the
old tools changed to use ToolBuilder)
as they where not really usable.

     Marcus

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: ToolBuilder Gtk backend

Luca Bruno aka Lethalman
On Wed, 02 Aug 2006 22:47:01 +0200, Marcus Denker <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Yes, ToolBuilder is part of 3.9. We just removed the "ToolPlus" (the old
> tools changed to use ToolBuilder)
> as they where not really usable.

Sounds good... thanks.

www.lethalman.net - Thoughts about internet technologies

Re: ToolBuilder Gtk backend

stéphane ducasse-2

On 2 août 06, at 22:35, Bruno Luca wrote:

> Hello,
> i was looking at ToolBuilder classes and at the Morphic
> implementation.
> Is it a good choice to create a Gtk frontend to the toolset? Will
> be ToolBuilder kept for Squeak 3.9 final?

Sure !
ToolBuilder is the new architecture for Squeak UI frameworks.
We had to remov ToolPlus that were a rewrote of the tools to use
ToolBuilder since they were out of sync with the
current ones (this is sad but nobody help migrating them to the
default level).

Stef