Towards a Trunk Release [help needed]

Torsten Bergmann
If wished I can easily produce a custom squeak windows installation
similar to [1] to run squeak on Windows.

Works well with Pharo, even with multiple images and is an
additional service (beside the usual: download the right VM, search
the right image, ...).

Regarding documentation I can just point to [2]

Package "HelpSystem-Core" should be loadable in Squeak too.
(havent tried)

However - this is not finished, targeted at Pharo and similar to
help systems users get in other environments (Windows, Eclipse, ...)

Maybe Squeak deserves something more active (book morphs or
active projects?)

Bye
T.

[1] http://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/25407/setup_pharo1.0-10508-rc2dev10.01.2.exe
[2] http://www.squeaksource.com/HelpSystem

jetzt kostenlos herunterladen! http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/atbrowser

Re: Towards a Trunk Release [help needed]

Edgar J. De Cleene

On 2/19/10 8:31 AM, "Torsten Bergmann" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Package "HelpSystem-Core" should be loadable in Squeak too.
> (havent tried)

Works nicely.
Put into the next FunSqueak.

Ask for any Squeaker have some for add (tutorias), I collect all you send me
and put into

Re: Towards a Trunk Release [help needed]

garduino
Hi Edgar and Squeakers:

First of all let me congratulate you Edgar by your new release team leader position (is confirmed, right?). You deserve it!.

About suggestions:

- I said several times that would like to see the Shout Workspace working on Squeak, currently on an updated image if you install it from Universes it install and opens but you can't see the colorized syntax. May be I'm doing something wrong or missed something?

- Trying to install ODBC (from Universes) the prereq FFI start loading, but soon I get: UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #version

Cheers.
Germán.

2010/2/19 Edgar J. De Cleene <[hidden email]>

On 2/19/10 8:31 AM, "Torsten Bergmann" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Package "HelpSystem-Core" should be loadable in Squeak too.
> (havent tried)

Works nicely.
Put into the next FunSqueak.

Ask for any Squeaker have some for add (tutorias), I collect all you send me
and put into

Can't install ODBC from Universes (was: Towards a Trunk Release [help needed])

Yanni Chiu
Germán Arduino wrote:
> - Trying to install ODBC (from Universes) the prereq FFI start loading,
> but soon I get: UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #version

See the message from last week on: ScriptLoader>>loadFFI.

That's the DNU I saw, because the FFI-Examples package was removed from
the repository.

Re: Can't install ODBC from Universes (was: Towards a Trunk Release [help needed])

garduino

2010/2/19 Yanni Chiu <[hidden email]>
Germán Arduino wrote:
- Trying to install ODBC (from Universes) the prereq FFI start loading, but soon I get: UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #version

See the message from last week on: ScriptLoader>>loadFFI.

That's the DNU I saw, because the FFI-Examples package was removed from the repository.

Thanks Yanni, I checked and seems to be a long thread, will try the installation later.

But a big doubt that comes to my mind, if Universes is officially supported by Squeak why
FFI don't loads from it? Don't should work?

Cheers.
Germán.

Re: Can't install ODBC from Universes

Andreas.Raab
Germán Arduino wrote:
> Thanks Yanni, I checked and seems to be a long thread, will try the
> installation later.
>
> But a big doubt that comes to my mind, if Universes is officially
> supported by Squeak why FFI don't loads from it? Don't should work?

I screwed up. I removed a package that has been obsolete for five years
already and unfortunately there are still a *lot* more users than I
expected. And I don't have a local copy of it.

Has anyone by any chance a copy of FFI-Examples so that I can put it
back up?

Cheers,
   - Andreas

Re: Can't install ODBC from Universes

Ken G. Brown
Packrat at your service...three files in a zip.
FFI-Examples-ar.1.mcz
FFI-Examples-MacOS.st
FFI-Examples-MacOSX.st
Posted at my mobile-me public folder <http://public.me.com/kbrown>

I knew saving everything would come in handy one day!

Let me know if there any issues retrieving them.

Ken G. Brown

Ken G. Brown wrote:
> Packrat at your service...three files in a zip.
> FFI-Examples-ar.1.mcz
> FFI-Examples-MacOS.st
> FFI-Examples-MacOSX.st
> Posted at my mobile-me public folder <http://public.me.com/kbrown>
>
> I knew saving everything would come in handy one day!
>
> Let me know if there any issues retrieving them.

Great thanks! The package is back.

Cheers,
   - Andreas

> At 10:25 PM -0800 2/19/10, Andreas Raab apparently wrote:
>> Germán Arduino wrote:
>>> Thanks Yanni, I checked and seems to be a long thread, will try the installation later.
>>>
>>> But a big doubt that comes to my mind, if Universes is officially supported by Squeak why FFI don't loads from it? Don't should work?
>> I screwed up. I removed a package that has been obsolete for five years already and unfortunately there are still a *lot* more users than I expected. And I don't have a local copy of it.
>>
>> Has anyone by any chance a copy of FFI-Examples so that I can put it back up?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>  - Andreas

Re: Can't install ODBC from Universes

garduino
Thanks Andreas, Ken, it works now.

Just for the records I've a lot (an really a lot) of small (and boring) programs to convert data to/from DBs using ODBC.

Cheers.
Germán.