Transcript flush

Eliot Miranda-2
Hi All,

    recently Transcript flush, in the context of the UI process, no longer causes the Transcript to display its contents immediately.  This is a most serious regression and I ask that it be rectified as soon as possible.  I would rather have a slower transcript than one that does not update immediately on being sent flush.  One can always use show: if one does not require immediate update, but flush implies that one wants to see the update now.  Yes, one can use the progress notification for update but it has its own issues with its complex structure.  being able to write periods to the transcript occasionally is something I depend upon.

To reproduce, the following should update the transcript periodically, but now no longer; no output appears until one interrupts the computation:

0 to: SmallInteger maxVal do: [:i| i \\ 10 = 0 ifTrue: [Transcript nextPut: $.; flush]. 10000 factorial]

best, Eliot

Re: Transcript flush

marcel.taeumel
Hi Eliot,

works here. ;-)

It has become a preference via TranscriptStream class >> #forceUpdate:. Should be "true" by default.

Best,
Marcel