Trie data structure

Benoit St-Jean
Hello everyone,

Here's a simple Trie implementation I'm giving to the Smalltalk community.  It's been tested with Pharo 1.3 but it should work without any modification on Squeak.

http://endormitoire.wordpress.com/2013/06/13/trie/

Awaiting your comments/suggestions/complaints/ideas.

I'm planning on porting it to other Smalltalks and the latest Pharos (2.x and 3.x).

P.S.  I'm providing the fileOuts since I wasn't sure on where to store this code : SmalltalkHub/ss3/elsewhere ?

enjoy!

-----------------
Benoit St-Jean
Yahoo! Messenger: bstjean
Blogue: endormitoire.wordpress.com
A standpoint is an intellectual horizon of radius zero.
(Albert Einstein)

RE: Trie data structure

Stephan Eggermont-3
Benoit wrote:
>Here's a simple Trie implementation I'm giving to the Smalltalk community.? It's been tested with Pharo 1.3 but it >should work without any modification on Squeak.

Nice, thank you.

>http://endormitoire.wordpress.com/2013/06/13/trie/
>
>Awaiting your comments/suggestions/complaints/ideas.
>
>I'm planning on porting it to other Smalltalks and the latest Pharos (2.x and 3.x).

Tests run in Pharo 3.0

>P.S.? I'm providing the fileOuts since I wasn't sure on where to store this code : SmalltalkHub/ss3/elsewhere ?

Yes. Pick one and commit. Both smalltalkhub and ss3 work fine. Moving to another location is trivial.

 Stephan

RE: Trie data structure

Frank Shearar-3
On 13 June 2013 15:05, Stephan Eggermont <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Benoit wrote:
>>Here's a simple Trie implementation I'm giving to the Smalltalk community.? It's been tested with Pharo 1.3 but it >should work without any modification on Squeak.
>
> Nice, thank you.
>
>>http://endormitoire.wordpress.com/2013/06/13/trie/
>>
>>Awaiting your comments/suggestions/complaints/ideas.
>>
>>I'm planning on porting it to other Smalltalks and the latest Pharos (2.x and 3.x).
>
> Tests run in Pharo 3.0

And in Squeak 4.5. I don't like that it's in a package called
'Collections-Trie' though: it's certainly an accurate name, but it
would make the Collections package dirty. I don't know if Pharo split
up its Collections package?

frank

>>P.S.? I'm providing the fileOuts since I wasn't sure on where to store this code : SmalltalkHub/ss3/elsewhere ?
>
> Yes. Pick one and commit. Both smalltalkhub and ss3 work fine. Moving to another location is trivial.
>
>  Stephan

Re: [Pharo-dev] Trie data structure

On Jun 13, 2013, at 3:34 PM, Benoit St-Jean <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello everyone,

Here's a simple Trie implementation I'm giving to the Smalltalk community.  It's been tested with Pharo 1.3 but it should work without any modification on Squeak.

http://endormitoire.wordpress.com/2013/06/13/trie/

Thanks you
Do you have some tests?
What is the license?