Trying to find the Kay discussion of invention of term "OO", cell.

Trying to find the Kay discussion of invention of term "OO", cell.

Blake-5
Hey, gang,

   I'm trying to find that e-mail that's been posted a couple of times
where Alan discusses the origin of OO and cells. I think I've been
using the version here:

userpage.fu-berlin.de/~ram/pub/pub_jf47htdHt/doc_kay_oop_en

But this seems to be down. I need to contrast the original ideas with the
Inheritance/Encapsulation/Polymorphism that became OO as it is currently
practiced.

===Blake===

"Spoon!"

Re: Trying to find the Kay discussion of invention of term "OO", cell.

Marcus Denker

On 27.03.2006, at 22:29, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hey, gang,
>
>    I'm trying to find that e-mail that's been posted a couple of times
> where Alan discusses the origin of OO and cells. I think I've been
> using the version here:
>
> userpage.fu-berlin.de/~ram/pub/pub_jf47htdHt/doc_kay_oop_en
>
> But this seems to be down. I need to contrast the original ideas
> with the
> Inheritance/Encapsulation/Polymorphism that became OO as it is
> currently
> practiced.

I can offer this:

   http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~denker/AlanKayOOP.html

The OOPSLA Keynote has a lot about the original biological motiations
behind
OOP.

        Marcus

Re: Trying to find the Kay discussion of invention of term 'OO', cell.

Blake-5
> I can offer this:
>
>    http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~denker/AlanKayOOP.html
>
> The OOPSLA Keynote has a lot about the original biological motiations
> behind
> OOP.

Thanks! I'd still like to find the other one, too, but this one will help!

===Blake===

"Spoon!"

Re: Trying to find the Kay discussion of invention of term 'OO', cell.

Mike Hales
Your original link worked fine for me.  I am attaching a zip of the saved web page.

--
Mike Hales
Engineering Manager

doc_kay_oop_en_files.zip (14K) Download Attachment

Re: Trying to find the Kay discussion of invention of term 'OO', cell.

Blake-5
> Your original link worked fine for me.  I am attaching a zip of the saved
> web page.

Thank you, Mike!

===Blake===

"Spoon!"