Tutorials soon...

Americo Damasceno
Like there are some people asking for help, tutorials etc.  about the use of
Cobalt, I will try to update the DMU tutorials as soon as possible (not waiting
the "multiplayer thing").

I am now trying to test the scope (all the resources available) of it.

I will try also to teach how to create a new  "island" without any line of
code.  Having terrain and objects created using Blender and GIMP. Good for
artists that hate to code... It's easier than Paul is thinking...

Re: Tutorials soon...

Paul Sheldon-2

--- Americo Fraga Damasceno Junior <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Like there are some people asking for help,
> tutorials etc.  about the use of
> Cobalt, I will try to update the DMU tutorials as
> soon as possible
Very exciting. Before I read this, I got my nerve up
and didn't do
infinite regress on new classes of cobalt. I just read
in the *.st
files and did do's on the workspace scripts and the
worlds
I created in blender from your tutorial appeared in
cobalt.

I wrote in my thread on this with same title :
Shall watch you tube and am stretching beyond for a
proposal here
(I wish I could make remarks in subject line without
changing thread).

>(not waiting
> the "multiplayer thing").
I found postcard as xml for multiplayer wasn't working
for me,
now I suspect if Americo waits, I wait!

> I am now trying to test the scope (all the resources
> available) of it.
You know how to use package browser better than I.

> I will try also to teach how to create a new
> "island" without any line of
> code.  Having terrain and objects created using
> Blender and GIMP. Good for
> artists that hate to code...
And more abstract than I could do changing the image
by import of your *.st files so only my image could
load my space
ie. island.

> It's easier than Paul
> is thinking...
I got some courage to "impress the little read hen"
with some work,
but now I will value seeing how it is much easier than
I was thinking
and I will remember what you teach.

Just remembering that I remembered how to bounce
through
the course and the file structure of where land0
should be put
in about two hours gives me courage I learned
something
(I didn't simply have to repeat the entire course to
get what I wanted to do done
or "almost" done).

Courage is part of being able to remember what you
will be taught.

Waufrepi's you tube movies reminded me the bouncy
thinking I had to do this morning
of the experiential side of programming. It inspired
me. It is not exposition to executives
that makes things look simple for executives who
aren't really interested.
I get an inspiring itch from being frustrated.

I'm fooling with iPhone programming ...! Also needs
courage. Holy grail is accelerometer interface
into making openGL trackball, sample code "GLGravity"
on :

http://developer.apple.com/iphone/index.action;jsessionid=BE3B37EE6873037F3EDA79941DBC81BF.worker13

Movies teaching programming go by so fast on iTunes.
The movies say iPhone has got openAL and unix...

Thank you, Americo and Waufrepi!

;-)

Re: Tutorials soon...

Ric Moore
On Thu, 2008-03-20 at 06:56 -0400, Americo Fraga Damasceno Junior wrote:
> Like there are some people asking for help, tutorials etc.  about the use of
> Cobalt, I will try to update the DMU tutorials as soon as possible (not waiting
> the "multiplayer thing").
>
> I am now trying to test the scope (all the resources available) of it.
>
> I will try also to teach how to create a new  "island" without any line of
> code.  Having terrain and objects created using Blender and GIMP. Good for
> artists that hate to code... It's easier than Paul is thinking...

Thank you Americo, you said it all there. Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar
http://www.wayward4now.net  <---down4now too