Typing single quotes is problem

Frank Claessen
Hi All,

I just started working with squeak by following Squeack by Example.
I installed sqeuak in Kubuntu Jaunty.

The problem I have is that when I try typing a single quote '
I get `instead, which of course causes trouble.

F.e. Transcript show: `Hello World`;cr
is not accepted and causes an error message saying "Argument expected".

Anyone recognizes the problem and has a fix for it?

TIA

Frank

Re: Typing single quotes is problem

Frank Claessen
Frank Claessen <claessen.frank <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi All,
>
> I just started working with squeak by following Squeack by Example.
> I installed sqeuak in Kubuntu Jaunty.
>
> The problem I have is that when I try typing a single quote '
> I get `instead, which of course causes trouble.
>
> F.e. Transcript show: `Hello World`;cr
> is not accepted and causes an error message saying "Argument expected".
>
> Anyone recognizes the problem and has a fix for it?
>
> TIA
>
> Frank

Hi all,

Found the answer myself. It seems that Squeak cannot function with a
US-international layout with dead keys. So I added a US-international layout
without dead keys. If a switch to that layout Squeak works normal with the
single-quote key.

Cheers

Frank