UI Discussions and possible UI Team

Brad Fuller-2
Hi All,

A number of us have been discussing Squeak's user interface issues and would
like to ask others interested to chime in with their thoughts. Because it's
such a wide topic, the consensus among us was to start a separate Squeak UI
mailing list to discuss issues and also open the floor with ideas of possible
next steps. If there is sufficient interest, we would propose a team to SqF
and ask for team volunteers and commitment.

If that is acceptable, I'd like to ask for a mailing list (already sent a
message to Squeak's mailman and Ken) and ask those who are interested to join
the list.

Comments please!

brad

Re: UI Discussions and possible UI Team

Douglas Rollwitz
Brad

I would be willing to contribute.  Previously I have
worked on a couple of revisions to the BobsUI package
for UI development.  I haven't worked on it in a
while, but I have been getting the urge to pick it
back up.  I am also currently working on a
Morphic-HaloMorph refactoring which is a prerequisite
to resuming BobsUI.

I would enjoy it if others would like to work on this,
as well as be able to contribute my work to a bigger
design than UI development.

--- Brad Fuller <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> A number of us have been discussing Squeak's user
> interface issues and would
> like to ask others interested to chime in with their
> thoughts. Because it's
> such a wide topic, the consensus among us was to
> start a separate Squeak UI
> mailing list to discuss issues and also open the
> floor with ideas of possible
> next steps. If there is sufficient interest, we
> would propose a team to SqF
> and ask for team volunteers and commitment.
>
> If that is acceptable, I'd like to ask for a mailing
> list (already sent a
> message to Squeak's mailman and Ken) and ask those
> who are interested to join
> the list.
>
> Comments please!
>
> brad

Re: UI Discussions and possible UI Team

Damien Cassou-3
2007/8/20, Brad Fuller <[hidden email]>:
> If that is acceptable, I'd like to ask for a mailing list (already sent a
> message to Squeak's mailman and Ken) and ask those who are interested to join
> the list.

Hi,

please do open a mailing list if appropriate and tell us how to
subscribe. When you want people to test your changes, I can include
them in the squeak-dev beta image.

Bye

--
Damien Cassou