UNKNOWN type exceptions generated for some MySql column types

UNKNOWN type exceptions generated for some MySql column types

Brad Selfridge
I have researching and learning the GLORP framework.  I have been using a MySql database and I'm getting "UNKNOWN" exceptions when accessing a few column types (timestamps, tinyint, etc.). I've tracked the code clear up until it makes the call to the OpenDbx driver and can see that it is returning 255 (decimal) return code when trying to access these types.

I know that the DBXRow has the "UNKNOWN" type set and the that the DBXTypeNotSupported object is throwing the exception.

I have communicated with the OpenDBX community about supporting these types ( and their response was to "make my framework work around the issue".

It seems to me that there ought to be a way for one to define the return type in the descriptor for known "UNKNOWN" types and have GLORP use that type whenever an "UNKNOWN" is encountered. It also looks like to make that happen, the GlorpOpenDBXDriver may need to eat the exceptions whenever an "UNKNOWN" is found AND a type is defined for that column in the descriptor.

Thanks you,

Brad Selfridge

Brad Selfridge

Re: UNKNOWN type exceptions generated for some MySql column types

Alan Knight-2
Sorry about the delay in getting that posted. Google groups decided to call this spam and not send me a notification about it until this morning.

The GlorpOpenDBXDriver isn't really part of Glorp as such, but I suspect part of SqueakDBX, http://www.squeaksource.com/@O0rtenxcPomZx7s4/-cwloYW6

On 28 October 2014 14:54, [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

-----
Brad Selfridge