Ubuntu script to ask image file?

Alan Pinch
I am looking for a squeak startup she'll script on Ubuntu that would open an OS file prompt for the image file to load. I had seen one, at one time, but the ocean is deep.

Thank you.

- Alan

Re: Ubuntu script to ask image file?

Hannes Hirzel
Hello Alan

If you have several images in your working directory where you
normally only have one image file you get a prompt which one to
choose.

No script necessary.

Maybe this is the answer?

Regards
Hannes

On 9/8/17, Alan Pinch <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I am looking for a squeak startup she'll script on Ubuntu that would open an
> OS file prompt for the image file to load. I had seen one, at one time, but
> the ocean is deep.
>
> Thank you.
>
> - Alan

Re: Ubuntu script to ask image file?

Squeak - Dev mailing list
Hi Alan,

It you are running Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, try this:

Download
http://files.squeak.org/5.1/Squeak5.1-16549-32bit/Squeak5.1-16549-32bit-201608171728-Linux.zip
from
http://squeak.org/downloads/
unzip it,
run the 'squeak.sh' script contained within.

Click the Squeak logo, click 'Save As New Version'.
Click the Squeak logo, click 'Quit'.

Run the 'squeak.sh' script again.
Now you will be offered a choice between
'Squeak5.1-16549-32bit.1.image' and
'Squeak5.1-16549-32bit.image'.

Best Regards,

Milan

Re: Ubuntu script to ask image file?

Alan Pinch
Hi Milan,

I had to modify the VM & RESOURCES bars but it works great as a desktop launched app.

Thank you!

- Alan