Universe and pre-/postload

NorbertHartl
Hi,

I'm maintaining a package which needs to have something
loaded before and after the main fileIn. At the moment
this is done by a sar file which is referenced in universe.
Do I have to produce a sar file to accomplish this or
is there another way? (without having 3 packages and the
necessary dependencies)

thanks,

Norbert

Re: Universe and pre-/postload

Damien Cassou-3
Hi Norbert,

I don't think there is a better solution with Universe, I'm sorry.

Damien Cassou

Re: Universe and pre-/postload

Philippe Marschall
2007/11/24, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]>:
> Hi,
>
> I'm maintaining a package which needs to have something
> loaded before and after the main fileIn. At the moment
> this is done by a sar file which is referenced in universe.
> Do I have to produce a sar file to accomplish this or
> is there another way? (without having 3 packages and the
> necessary dependencies)

What format do you use? .st, .sar or .mcz?

Cheers
Philippe

On Sun, 2007-11-25 at 11:30 +0100, Philippe Marschall wrote:

> 2007/11/24, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]>:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm maintaining a package which needs to have something
> > loaded before and after the main fileIn. At the moment
> > this is done by a sar file which is referenced in universe.
> > Do I have to produce a sar file to accomplish this or
> > is there another way? (without having 3 packages and the
> > necessary dependencies)
>
> What format do you use? .st, .sar or .mcz?

I use mczs. I managed to build a sar archive which includes
the mczs.

Norbert

Re: Universe and pre-/postload

Edgar J. De Cleene

El 11/25/07 8:04 AM, "Norbert Hartl" <[hidden email]> escribió:

> I use mczs. I managed to build a sar archive which includes
> the mczs.
>
> Norbert

I following your previous mail.
See how is builded Connectors, as example.
Also I attach here my modification to ArchiveViewer, letting you put members
in intended order and when you wish save, could change name( versioning)

Install on last Squeak3.10.1beta.7155.image.
You could have preamble or postcript code via typing on Workspace and then
copy to clipboard and use Add from Clipboard or save to directory the
Workspace contents , add the files and put in wished order.

Hope this helps.

Edgar

ArchiveViewer.6.cs (36K) Download Attachment