Unix keyboard events lose track when multiple keys pressed or keys held down

123

Re: Unix keyboard events lose track when multiple keys pressed or keys held down

David T. Lewis
On Mon, Jan 18, 2021 at 03:10:45PM -0800, tim Rowledge wrote:
> Looks sensible to me; the only question I have is whether it is actually
> guaranteed that no keycode can exceed 255? All I can find out right now
> is that the structure definition has it as an int.

I based this critical design decision on a random google query, which
unearthed the following web page containing extremely plausible-sounding
but otherwise unfounded facts:

  https://tronche.com/gui/x/xlib/input/keyboard-encoding.html

I had considered masking off the lower 8 bits, but then I decided that
if you can't trust random google queries then who are you going to trust
anyhow?

Dave

123