UnixOSProcessPlugin problem?

Sebastian Sastre-2
Hi there,

    I'm starting 3.9 images in linux and have this message

ioFindExternalFunctionIn(primitiveGetThreadID, 0x8143138): /usr/local/lib/squeak/3.9-8/UnixOSProcessPlugin: undefined symbol: primitiveGetThreadID
 In UnixOSProcessPlugin class I can see in lots of #primitiveXX methods that has #interpreterProxy in red is that right?

    I'm installing something wrong? I had to use a special VM? explicitly enable some VM feature?

    any help appreciated,

Sebastian Sastre

Re: UnixOSProcessPlugin problem?

David T. Lewis
On Thu, Mar 15, 2007 at 12:31:59PM -0300, Sebastian Sastre wrote:

>     I'm starting 3.9 images in linux and have this message
>
> ioFindExternalFunctionIn(primitiveGetThreadID, 0x8143138):
> /usr/local/lib/squeak/3.9-8/UnixOSProcessPlugin: undefined symbol:
> primitiveGetThreadID
>
>  In UnixOSProcessPlugin class I can see in lots of #primitiveXX methods that
> has #interpreterProxy in red is that right?
>
>     I'm installing something wrong? I had to use a special VM? explicitly
> enable some VM feature?

Sebastian,

The latest version of OSProcess is calling a primitive that does not
exist in the OSProcessPlugin that you are using. The error is mine,
I should have put a check for this in OSProcess when running with
the older plugin.

It is not serious though. If you want the error message to go away,
just disable the primitive call. I think there is a #primGetThreadID
in UnixOSProcessAccessor where you can do this (but I do not have a
Squeak at hand so I can't check). Just make #primGetThreadID answer
nil and all should be well.

Or, if you want to build the latest OSPP plugin you can find it on
SqueakMap.

Dave