Update Squeak is not updating all the packages

Update Squeak is not updating all the packages

Nicolas Cellier
Curiously, 3 of them have a new version in trunk but are not loaded/merged...
Though the package names are in the latest update monticello configuration map:
- 45Deprecated
- ST80
- Universes
Any known reason for this?

Nicolas

Re: Update Squeak is not updating all the packages

Frank Shearar-3
On 27 September 2013 21:58, Nicolas Cellier
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Curiously, 3 of them have a new version in trunk but are not
> loaded/merged...
> Though the package names are in the latest update monticello configuration
> map:
> - 45Deprecated
> - ST80
> - Universes
> Any known reason for this?

Those are all packages that I've unloaded from base images in CI
before... but I rebuilt the images in CI from scratch off 4.4-12327.
So I'd expect them to just work... unless they've been pulled out the
config map? (I honestly can't remember.)

frank

Re: Update Squeak is not updating all the packages

Bert Freudenberg

On 2013-09-27, at 23:54, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 27 September 2013 21:58, Nicolas Cellier
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Curiously, 3 of them have a new version in trunk but are not
>> loaded/merged...
>> Though the package names are in the latest update monticello configuration
>> map:
>> - 45Deprecated
>> - ST80
>> - Universes
>> Any known reason for this?
>
> Those are all packages that I've unloaded from base images in CI
> before... but I rebuilt the images in CI from scratch off 4.4-12327.
> So I'd expect them to just work... unless they've been pulled out the
> config map? (I honestly can't remember.)
>
> frank

There's also a "skip packages" set - maybe the release builder does not clean it?

- Bert -

Re: Update Squeak is not updating all the packages

Nicolas Cellier
Ah, thanks Bert, that explains...
I downloaded a build.squeak.org artifact, and indeed I have to do it:
MCMcmUpdater enableUpdatesForAllPackages.

On 2013-09-27, at 23:54, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 27 September 2013 21:58, Nicolas Cellier
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Curiously, 3 of them have a new version in trunk but are not
>> loaded/merged...
>> Though the package names are in the latest update monticello configuration
>> map:
>> - 45Deprecated
>> - ST80
>> - Universes
>> Any known reason for this?
>
> Those are all packages that I've unloaded from base images in CI
> before... but I rebuilt the images in CI from scratch off 4.4-12327.
> So I'd expect them to just work... unless they've been pulled out the
> config map? (I honestly can't remember.)
>
> frank

There's also a "skip packages" set - maybe the release builder does not clean it?

- Bert -

Re: Update Squeak is not updating all the packages

Frank Shearar-3
Right. The release.st CI script will now do this,

frank