Updating Pharo

nacho
Helo friends,
When I update Pharo (World --> System --> Software Update) I see some progressbars that I don't undersand.
what is exactly snapshoting?
Also, suppose I add Bloc's Monticello repository, does a Software Update also update Bloc when an update is released?
Thanks in advance
Nacho
Nacho Smalltalker apprentice. Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Re: Updating Pharo

stepharo

Le 9/1/15 17:55, nacho a écrit :
> Helo friends,
> When I update Pharo (World --> System --> Software Update) I see some
> progressbars that I don't undersand.
> what is exactly snapshoting?
when you want to merge the code incoming with the code in the image
you need to have a representation of the code in the image using
entities that can be compared wtih the
code incoming.

> Also, suppose I add Bloc's Monticello repository, does a Software Update
> also update Bloc when an update is released?
No
Update is just for Plain Pharo.