Updating the swiki

timrowledge
I try to update a page or two on the swiki every day. Sometimes all it involves is a small correction to a dead link, or some minor grammatical twiddle. Sometimes it is wholesale slaughter to remove pointless deadwood (and there is a distressing amount of it!)

If everybody tried something similar, even just once a week, forget once a day, we would soon improve things. Consider spending just 5 minutes to scan or search or even randomly pick a page and then fix anything wrong with it. Take a quick look at pages pointing to it and see if they need some care.

Right now I'm looking at a page that has such promise and yet hasn't been touched since may '07; the beginnings of a course on how to Squeak. How did we let that die? How about fixing some of it? You know you want to.

tim
Never write software that patronizes the user.

Re: Updating the swiki

Hannes Hirzel
On 8/5/13, tim Rowledge <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I try to update a page or two on the swiki every day. Sometimes all it
> involves is a small correction to a dead link, or some minor grammatical
> twiddle. Sometimes it is wholesale slaughter to remove pointless deadwood
> (and there is a distressing amount of it!)
>
> If everybody tried something similar, even just once a week, forget once a
> day, we would soon improve things.
> Consider spending just 5 minutes to scan
> or search or even randomly pick a page and then fix anything wrong with it.
+1