UpdatingMenuMorph

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
What happened to it and why? I'm porting TWM to 3.0 and didn't find any mention of removal on the dev or issue mailing list... Thanks.
Cheers,
Sean

Re: UpdatingMenuMorph

camille teruel

On 24 oct. 2013, at 22:07, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:

What happened to it and why? I'm porting TWM to 3.0 and didn't find any
mention of removal on the dev or issue mailing list... Thanks.

It was removed in 30507.
The decision to remove it has been made during the august sprint.
I just remember that I did the job.
Does someone remember why?

-----
Cheers,
Sean

Re: UpdatingMenuMorph

Stéphane Ducasse
I was only use in stupid halos and the code is not really good.
Now if somebody does a pass on it we could readd it to the basis. (right now I just put it back for the sound package - but the sound package shows it ages… the code looks strange).

floatPrecisionForDecimalPlaces: places
"Answer the floatPrecision that corresponds to the given number of decimal places"

^ places caseOf:
{[0]->[1] .
[1]->[0.1] .
[2]->[0.01] .
[3]->[0.001] .
[4]->[0.0001] .
[5]->[0.00001] .
[6]->[0.000001] .
[7]->[0.0000001] .
[8]->[0.00000001] .
[9]->[0.000000001]}
otherwise:
[(10.0 raisedTo: places negated) asFloat]

"
(0 to: 6) collect: [:i | Utilities floatPrecisionForDecimalPlaces: i]
(-10 to: 20) collect: [:i | Utilities floatPrecisionForDecimalPlaces: i]
"

like decimalPlaces:

valueFromContents
"Return a new value from the current contents string."

format = #symbol ifTrue: [^ lastValue].
format = #string ifTrue: [^ contents].
^ self class evaluatorClass evaluate: contents

setPrecision
"Allow the user to specify a number of decimal places. This UI is
invoked from a menu. Nowadays the precision can be set by simple
type-in, making this menu approach mostly obsolete. However, it's
still useful for read-only readouts, where type-in is not allowed."
| aMenu |
aMenu := UIManager default
newMenuIn: self for: self.
aMenu
addTitle: ('How many decimal places? (currently {1})' translated format: {self decimalPlaces}).
0
to: 5
do: [:places | aMenu
add: places asString
target: self
selector: #setDecimalPlaces:
argument: places].
aMenu popUpInWorld

On 25 oct. 2013, at 09:50, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:

I was only use in stupid halos and the code is not really good.
Now if somebody does a pass on it we could readd it to the basis. (right now I just put it back for the sound package - but the sound package shows it ages… the code looks strange).

floatPrecisionForDecimalPlaces: places
"Answer the floatPrecision that corresponds to the given number of decimal places"

^ places caseOf:
{[0]->[1] .
[1]->[0.1] .
[2]->[0.01] .
[3]->[0.001] .
[4]->[0.0001] .
[5]->[0.00001] .
[6]->[0.000001] .
[7]->[0.0000001] .
[8]->[0.00000001] .
[9]->[0.000000001]}
otherwise:
[(10.0 raisedTo: places negated) asFloat]

Ha yes, I remember this one :D !

"