Upgrade Seaside

GLASS mailing list
Hi,

I want to uninstall Seaside with a simple expression, is this possible ?
Or maybe with a Script ...

For example i want to uninstall my current version and install the latest.

Generate another version with the latest Seaside is not an option (i think)
it will be more practical to upgrade Seaside than move all business objects
to a new server.

There are some information here:
http://forum.world.st/Upgrading-GLASS-from-Seaside-2-8-to-3-0-td3585843.html#a3621874

regards,
bruno

--
Sent from: http://forum.world.st/GLASS-f1460844.html

Re: Upgrade Seaside

GLASS mailing list
Bruno,

I've not done any work on doing unloads of Metacello projects. I do
intend to support unload operations in Rowan:)

As I think about it, I think the best way to proceed would be to remove
all of the class directories in the Seaside clone - creating a bunch of
empty packages. When you load the empty packages (using a Metacello load
expression to load the Seaside project), all of the classes and
extension methods should be removed from the system ... I would imagine
that this would work pretty well.

If you have any subclasses of Seaside classes in your application
packages, you should arrange to remove all of those subclasses before
doing the "unload load" ....

You probably want to disable automatic migration while doing this as
well: `MCPlatformSupport autoMigrate: false`.

Any projects that depend upon Seaside will have to have the same
treatment and be unloaded before the Seaside "unload load".

Dale

On 1/23/20 6:48 AM, BrunoBB via Glass wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to uninstall Seaside with a simple expression, is this possible ?
> Or maybe with a Script ...
>
> For example i want to uninstall my current version and install the latest.
>
> Generate another version with the latest Seaside is not an option (i think)
> it will be more practical to upgrade Seaside than move all business objects
> to a new server.
>
> There are some information here:
> http://forum.world.st/Upgrading-GLASS-from-Seaside-2-8-to-3-0-td3585843.html#a3621874
>
> regards,
> bruno
>

> --
> Sent from: http://forum.world.st/GLASS-f1460844.html

Re: Upgrade Seaside

GLASS mailing list
Hi -

From what version of Seaside are you upgrading?  Have you tried just loading
the new seaside code into a non-production version of your DB and seeing how
it goes?

Paul

GLASS mailing list wrote

> Hi,
>
> I want to uninstall Seaside with a simple expression, is this possible ?
> Or maybe with a Script ...
>
> For example i want to uninstall my current version and install the latest.
>
> Generate another version with the latest Seaside is not an option (i
> think)
> it will be more practical to upgrade Seaside than move all business
> objects
> to a new server.
>
> There are some information here:
> http://forum.world.st/Upgrading-GLASS-from-Seaside-2-8-to-3-0-td3585843.html#a3621874
>
> regards,
> bruno
>

> --
> Sent from: http://forum.world.st/GLASS-f1460844.html

Sent from: http://forum.world.st/GLASS-f1460844.html

Re: Upgrade Seaside

GLASS mailing list
Paul,

I'm just testing how we will proceed when a Production application needs an
update. And the App is Seaside based then i was looking into it.

I know is possible to load a Seaside version in to top of another (excluding
2.8 to 3.0 i think) but it seems more clean to uninstall the current and
then install the latest.

No sure why Metacello do no allow uninstall operations but i think is a
must.
It seems Rowan will have uninstall operations as Dale point it out.

Thanks for your answer !

regards,
bruno

--