Denis Kudriashov
Hi Sean

2017-09-24 14:46 GMT+02:00 Denis Kudriashov <[hidden email]>:
Hi Sean

2017-09-23 19:57 GMT+02:00 Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]>:
Stephane Ducasse-3 wrote
> Calypso is still an enfant and this is
> IMPORTANT that people tell what
> they do not like so that we can improve.

A few more impressions now that I've been using Calypso as my default
browser:
- Overall really enjoying it!
- When browsing a class from its own package, and then adding an extension
protocol via '*...' in "New protocol" context menu, the dialog closes
without objection, but then the new protocol doesn't seem to exist. I had to
create a dummy protocol and then DND the methods into the
package-to-be-extended.

In Calypso you should not create protocols with star. In method editor status bar there is explicit checkbox "extension"  to specify external package for the method.
We should move away from star convention and work directly with packages. Calypso gives you the tools for this.

But I will add special notification when user creates new protocol with star. I think it will help "old" Pharo users to adopt.

It is done in latest stable version. In addition there is new behavior when user selects extended class (which is grey in class list):

- extending package group is added to the method group list. It is placed just after "extensions" group. 
- extending package group is selected by default which shows only extended methods instead of all method
- automatic selection of extended class side:
- if instance side is extended then browser switches to instance side when you select it
- if class side is extended then browser switches to class side when you select it
- if both sides are extended there will be two classes in class list: "AClass" and "AClass class"

It means that now when you select extended class the browser will show "expected" extended methods. You do not need anymore to scroll protocol list to find current package. And you do not need to guess where extension is actually defined: in instance side or in class side.

- When Calypso is set to be the default browser, it would be helpful if the
World menu item changed from "Calypso Browser" to "Nautilus"
- Lack of word wrapping is becoming teeeeeeedious

-----
Cheers,
Sean