Using Alice .a2c models in Croquet?

RichWhite
Has anyone attempted using Alice .a2c models in Croquet?
http://www.alice.org/index.php?page=gallery/index

I noticed many of the Croquet avatars are also Alice models and assumed there was some legacy there?  If anyone is familiar with this I would much appreciate a few tips.

Best regards,
Rich

================

Re: Using Alice .a2c models in Croquet?

SebastianHC
Hi Rich,...

Have a look at smallthints.wordpress.com.
There's a link to a blender plugin for .ase export.

Cheers Sebastian

Re: Using Alice .a2c models in Croquet?

Andreas.Raab
RichWhite wrote:
> Has anyone attempted using Alice .a2c models in Croquet?
> http://www.alice.org/index.php?page=gallery/index
>
> I noticed many of the Croquet avatars are also Alice models and assumed
> there was some legacy there?  If anyone is familiar with this I would much
> appreciate a few tips.

The legacy is that many moons ago, Jeff Pierce wrote a Squeak version of
Alice (called Wonderland) and Randy Pausch gave us permission to use and
redistribute the Alice .mdl models. We have never updated anything to
Alice2/JAlice so .a2c models have never been supported.

Cheers,
   - Andreas