Using Local Date Settings

Jack Williams-3
I am looking for information on how to get squeak to
use the locale settings for dates. I have found the
Locale classes, but I can't make sense of how to use
it to set squeak wide settings either based on the OS
or some parameter I can pass in.

As an example, if I use '05/10/2007' asDate, I get a
Date object of '10 May 2007' rather than '5 October
2007'. I could code it myself, but surely someone has
done this already.

I appreciate any help or documentation.

Thanks,

Jack

Re: Using Local Date Settings

Göran Krampe
> I am looking for information on how to get squeak to
> use the locale settings for dates. I have found the
> Locale classes, but I can't make sense of how to use
> it to set squeak wide settings either based on the OS
> or some parameter I can pass in.

Can't comment on that, but:

> As an example, if I use '05/10/2007' asDate, I get a
> Date object of '10 May 2007' rather than '5 October
> 2007'. I could code it myself, but surely someone has
> done this already.

Yes. :) I hacked something up earlier this year and posted it to this very
list in fact:

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/beginners/2007-April/002312.html

I (or please someone else) should put it on bugs.squeak.org too.

regards, Göran