Using VMMaker on Pharo

Jean Baptiste Arnaud

Hi,

just a few feedback, about VMMaker, on Pharo some plugin like (GeniePlugin) can't be used because,
when generate on pharo they raise a error "InvalidDirectoryError".
see with :
Last Image Core PharoCore-1.0-10414-BETA.zip.
clean install :  FFI with ScriptLoader loadFFI.
install from  squeaksource of Speech and VMMaker.

--
Arnaud Jean Baptiste
PhD Student - Rmod Team - INRIA
http://rmod.lille.inria.fr

Re: [Pharo-project] Using VMMaker on Pharo

Adrian Lienhard

Yea, I ran into this issue as well. It's not a problem of VMMaker but
related to a "fix" in Pharo [1]. I wonder whether this change should
be reverted because it may affect other external packages too...

HTH,
Adrian

[1] http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=698

On Aug 26, 2009, at 17:52 , jean baptiste arnaud wrote:

> Hi,
>
> just a few feedback, about VMMaker, on Pharo some plugin like
> (GeniePlugin)
> can't be used because,
> when generate on pharo they raise a error "InvalidDirectoryError".
> see with :
> Last Image Core
> PharoCore-1.0-10414-BETA.zip<http://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/22770/PharoCore-1.0-10414-BETA.zip
> >
> .
> clean install :  FFI with ScriptLoader loadFFI.
> install from  squeaksource of Speech and VMMaker.
>

> --
> Arnaud Jean Baptiste
> PhD Student - Rmod Team - INRIA
> http://rmod.lille.inria.fr

Re: Using VMMaker on Pharo

Damien Cassou-3

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 5:52 PM, jean baptiste
arnaud<[hidden email]> wrote:
> just a few feedback, about VMMaker, on Pharo some plugin like (GeniePlugin) can't be used because,
> when generate on pharo they raise a error "InvalidDirectoryError".
> see with :
> Last Image Core PharoCore-1.0-10414-BETA.zip.
> clean install :  FFI with ScriptLoader loadFFI.
> install from  squeaksource of Speech and VMMaker.

Hi Jean-Baptiste,

could you please describe the whole process of building a VM from
Pharo on the Pharo wiki (http://code.google.com/p/pharo/w/list)?

Thank you

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

popular by not having them." James Iry

Re: Re: [Pharo-project] Using VMMaker on Pharo

David T. Lewis

+1

The user interface of VMMaker relies on the implementation of
InvalidDirectoryError>>defaultAction for directory navigation. If
the method is removed, VMMakerTool will not work.

Thanks,
Dave