VM 5.0-201807260206 test results

Chris Muller-4
I've tested the Squeak 64-bit Linux HT version on Ubuntu 14.04 and
16.04.  I've put it through several paces and it's been quite stable
for me.  My apps pass their tests and seem to be running at least as
well as before.  Debugging is a dream.  It just works.  Performance
still feels snappy, but I didn't do any benchmarks against
201608171728.  Looks like yesterday was the old VM's two-year
annniversary.

It seems good enough that I've upgraded to it everywhere.

64-bit Squeak with a mature VM is finally a reality!  What an
incredible engine, congratulations Eliot!

Cheers!
  Chris

Re: VM 5.0-201807260206 test results

alistairgrant
On Sun, 19 Aug 2018 at 03:50, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've tested the Squeak 64-bit Linux HT version on Ubuntu 14.04 and
> 16.04.  I've put it through several paces and it's been quite stable
> for me.  My apps pass their tests and seem to be running at least as
> well as before.  Debugging is a dream.  It just works.  Performance
> still feels snappy, but I didn't do any benchmarks against
> 201608171728.  Looks like yesterday was the old VM's two-year
> annniversary.
>
> It seems good enough that I've upgraded to it everywhere.
>
> 64-bit Squeak with a mature VM is finally a reality!  What an
> incredible engine, congratulations Eliot!

Not that it really needs any confirmation, but I've been using 64bit
pharo exclusively since late March.

Thanks everyone who's contributed!

Cheers,
Alistair