VM Maker: CMakeVMMaker-MarianoMartinezPeck.75.mcz

VM Maker: CMakeVMMaker-MarianoMartinezPeck.75.mcz

squeak-dev-noreply

Mariano Martínez Peck uploaded a new version of CMakeVMMaker to project VM Maker:
http://www.squeaksource.com/VMMaker/CMakeVMMaker-MarianoMartinezPeck.75.mcz

Name: CMakeVMMaker-MarianoMartinezPeck.75
Author: MarianoMartinezPeck
Time: 11 April 2011, 3:19:13 pm
UUID: 53eeb0de-f8f5-4bc5-a4c4-2e5e2ae0f6b8
Ancestors: CMakeVMMaker-IgorStasenko.74

There was a problem when we changed the outputDir because the plugins were not written there but instead, they were hardcoded. This fixes these problem for all Mac OS: carbon and cocoa

Now outputDir is working correctly.

Re: VM Maker: CMakeVMMaker-MarianoMartinezPeck.75.mcz

Igor Stasenko

On 11 April 2011 17:19,  <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Mariano Martínez Peck uploaded a new version of CMakeVMMaker to project VM Maker:
> http://www.squeaksource.com/VMMaker/CMakeVMMaker-MarianoMartinezPeck.75.mcz

> Name: CMakeVMMaker-MarianoMartinezPeck.75
> Author: MarianoMartinezPeck
> Time: 11 April 2011, 3:19:13 pm
> UUID: 53eeb0de-f8f5-4bc5-a4c4-2e5e2ae0f6b8
> Ancestors: CMakeVMMaker-IgorStasenko.74
>
> There was a problem when we changed the outputDir because the plugins were not written there but instead, they were hardcoded. This fixes these problem for all Mac OS: carbon and cocoa
>
> Now outputDir is working correctly.

hmm.. i built VMs before pushing the update and everything were working fine..
should i update it to use your changes now?

Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Re: VM Maker: CMakeVMMaker-MarianoMartinezPeck.75.mcz

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 4:31 PM, Igor Stasenko <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 11 April 2011 17:19,  <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Mariano Martínez Peck uploaded a new version of CMakeVMMaker to project VM Maker:
> http://www.squeaksource.com/VMMaker/CMakeVMMaker-MarianoMartinezPeck.75.mcz

> Name: CMakeVMMaker-MarianoMartinezPeck.75
> Author: MarianoMartinezPeck
> Time: 11 April 2011, 3:19:13 pm
> UUID: 53eeb0de-f8f5-4bc5-a4c4-2e5e2ae0f6b8
> Ancestors: CMakeVMMaker-IgorStasenko.74
>
> There was a problem when we changed the outputDir because the plugins were not written there but instead, they were hardcoded. This fixes these problem for all Mac OS: carbon and cocoa
>
> Now outputDir is working correctly.

hmm.. i built VMs before pushing the update and everything were working fine..

are you sure your "tests" used external plugins?

For carbon vms, you have:

defaultExternalPlugins

    ^ #(
        BochsIA32Plugin
        CroquetPlugin
        ReentrantIA32FFIPlugin "SqueakFFIPrims"
        FloatArrayPlugin
        FloatMathPlugin
        Mpeg3Plugin
        "UnixOSProcessPlugin ?? "
        )

So...I guess that the calls to those primitives should be failing. Sorry for not detecting that before. Esteban realized that today morning and I fix it as  soon as I could.

I guess a similar problem is happening in Windows, and this is why I come back to the original place of outputDit. I guess something is hardcoded, like it has here. But I don't have time to check in Windows now. I will check at night if I find it...

should i update it to use your changes now?

Yes please. And sorry for the noise/problems. You see? I told you I was a newbie ;)

BTW, are we running some kind of tests in hudson once the VM are builds?  because now we have a new test ;)

Cheers

Mariano

--
Best regards,