VM Maker: VMMaker.oscog-dtl.59.mcz

squeak-dev-noreply

Dave Lewis uploaded a new version of VMMaker to project VM Maker:
http://www.squeaksource.com/VMMaker/VMMaker.oscog-dtl.59.mcz

Name: VMMaker.oscog-dtl.59
Author: dtl
Time: 17 April 2011, 8:53:18 am
UUID: c1d30608-042d-4bb7-20ca-2bf7a46c1508
Ancestors: VMMaker-oscog.dtl.58

Add primitiveImageFormatVersion, an optional named primitive answering the image format number of the current image. This is the value stored in the first word of an image file header when the image is saved, and possibly modified on image load if the VM adds or removes capabilities for the running image. This primitive was added to VMMaker trunk in VMMaker-dtl.169.

Rationale: supports float word order handing for image segments, reference http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/vm-dev/2011-April/007712.html

Re: VM Maker: VMMaker.oscog-dtl.59.mcz

David T. Lewis

convention that Colin described, but I'm not sure that the results are
that Igor had previously established.

I'm going to delete VMMaker.oscog-dtl.59 from the archive. Hopefully
no one has updated their local repository in the last 15 minutes.

Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks,
Dave

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 03:10:31AM +0000, [hidden email] wrote:

> Dave Lewis uploaded a new version of VMMaker to project VM Maker:
> http://www.squeaksource.com/VMMaker/VMMaker.oscog-dtl.59.mcz

> Name: VMMaker.oscog-dtl.59
> Author: dtl
> Time: 17 April 2011, 8:53:18 am
> UUID: c1d30608-042d-4bb7-20ca-2bf7a46c1508
> Ancestors: VMMaker-oscog.dtl.58
>
> Add primitiveImageFormatVersion, an optional named primitive answering the image format number of the current image. This is the value stored in the first word of an image file header when the image is saved, and possibly modified on image load if the VM adds or removes capabilities for the running image. This primitive was added to VMMaker trunk in VMMaker-dtl.169.
>
> Rationale: supports float word order handing for image segments, reference http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/vm-dev/2011-April/007712.html

Re: VM Maker: VMMaker.oscog-dtl.59.mcz

Bert Freudenberg

On 18.04.2011, at 03:43, David T. Lewis wrote:

> convention that Colin described, but I'm not sure that the results are
> that Igor had previously established.

I'd still switch to the <package>.<branch> naming scheme. It is a better convention since it potentially allows the tools to deal with branches differently.

It's just that nobody except the original developers seems to have known about this convention and so the MC UI tools have evolved without taking it into account.

Let's fix the tools (e.g., display all branches when a package is selected, if that's what we want).

- Bert -

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 10:23:03AM +0200, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> On 18.04.2011, at 03:43, David T. Lewis wrote:

> > convention that Colin described, but I'm not sure that the results are
> > that Igor had previously established.
>
> I'd still switch to the <package>.<branch> naming scheme. It is a better
> convention since it potentially allows the tools to deal with branches differently.
>
> It's just that nobody except the original developers seems to have known
> about this convention and so the MC UI tools have evolved without taking
> it into account.
>
> Let's fix the tools (e.g., display all branches when a package is selected,
> if that's what we want).

Thanks Bert.

Igor, Eliot:

The MC browser is currently displaying the packages "VMMaker" and
"VMMaker-oscog". If we use the recommended naming, we will see an
additional "VMMaker.oscog" representing the oscog branch. That would
be better long term but we're hoping this is not a long term problem,
so I'm not sure if this is worth changing now.

Igor, do you mind if I wimp out and ask you to make the decision on
this? Should we start using "VMMaker.oscog-IgorStasenko.nnn" rather
than "VMMaker-oscog-IgorStasenko.nnn"?

Dave