VM on Debian/Tests

laza

Hi!

Just to give some feedback:
Over the weekend I used my old debian build environment to build a
debian package for 3.10-6. I ran into the same problem someone else
reported, that the deactivation of the RomePlugin did not work. Once I
made Pango and Cairo a build requirement I could build the package
from front to end. Running all SUnit tests resulted in messages from
the vm like:

ALSA lib confmisc.c:768:(parse_card) cannot find card '0'
ALSA lib conf.c:3513:(_snd_config_evaluate) function
snd_func_card_driver returned error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib confmisc.c:392:(snd_func_concat) error evaluating strings
ALSA lib conf.c:3513:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_concat
returned error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1251:(snd_func_refer) error evaluating name
ALSA lib conf.c:3513:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_refer
returned error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib conf.c:3985:(snd_config_expand) Evaluate error: No such file
or directory
ALSA lib pcm.c:2211:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM default
startSound: snd_pcm_open: No such file or directory

Another thing is that I think that the testcase
TimeTest>>#testGeneralInquiries is not deterministic at least on the
linux platform. Sometimes it fails sometimes it passes. I guess this
is because of comparing two different clocks and rounding towards
seconds. Haven't looked further into it, it just made me wonder. The
test runs fine on Windows every time (I've tried).

BTW, I did not run into the same UUID problem I had on my ubuntu
machine. On Debian the libuuid1 version is 1.41.3 and on Ubuntu it is
1.41.4, but somehow I doubt the problem is related to the version of
libuuid. I will see what happens, when I try to install the debian
package on my ubuntu machine.

All in all I'm very pleased with the outcome.

I now run a nightly update of the trunk image and run all unit tests
after that, creating a log of un-/expected passes, failures and
errors. This could be used to see when new (= between updates)
unexpected results occur. I dare not to ask if it would be a good idea
to send an email to squeak-dev in that case?

Alex

Re: VM on Debian/Tests

laza

On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 11:37 AM, Alexander Lazarević<[hidden email]> wrote:
> BTW, I did not run into the same UUID problem I had on my ubuntu
> machine. On Debian the libuuid1 version is 1.41.3 and on Ubuntu it is
> 1.41.4, but somehow I doubt the problem is related to the version of
> libuuid. I will see what happens, when I try to install the debian
> package on my ubuntu machine.

This homemade debian vm crashes on the ubuntu system because of the
UUID plugin/libuuid1.

Alex