VM on OpenBSD 4.1?

Randal L. Schwartz

Just tried to compile 3.9-8 on OpenBSD 4.1, and got:

/home/merlyn/Projects/Squeak/Squeak-3.9-8/platforms/unix/src/plugins/UnixOSProcessPlugin/UnixOSProcessPlugin.c:3004: error: request for member `_file' in something not a structure or union

Anyone get past this?

Re: VM on OpenBSD 4.1?

Andreas Wacknitz
Randal L. Schwartz wrote:
> Just tried to compile 3.9-8 on OpenBSD 4.1, and got:
>
> /home/merlyn/Projects/Squeak/Squeak-3.9-8/platforms/unix/src/plugins/UnixOSProcessPlugin/UnixOSProcessPlugin.c:3004: error: request for member `_file' in something not a structure or union
>
> Anyone get past this?

I guess that you need to insert a cast. See point 4 of my former message:
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/vm-dev/2006-July/000772.html

Regards
Andreas

Re: VM on OpenBSD 4.1?

David T. Lewis
On Sat, Sep 15, 2007 at 12:14:41AM +0200, Andreas Wacknitz wrote:

> Randal L. Schwartz wrote:
> >Just tried to compile 3.9-8 on OpenBSD 4.1, and got:
> >
> >/home/merlyn/Projects/Squeak/Squeak-3.9-8/platforms/unix/src/plugins/UnixOSProcessPlugin/UnixOSProcessPlugin.c:3004: error: request for member `_file' in something not a structure or union
> >
> >Anyone get past this?
> >

> I guess that you need to insert a cast. See point 4 of my former message:
> http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/vm-dev/2006-July/000772.html

Hi Randal,

If this is the problem that Andreas Wacknitz describes, then it has been
fixed in recent versions of the OSProcessPlugin. Just load the latest
version from SqueakMap (or SqueakSource) and regenerate the plugin with
VMMaker and all should be well. Note that OSProcessPlugin (as well as
XDisplayControlPlugin and AioPlugin) is written entirely in Smalltalk,
so if you are building with a copy of the C source tree, you might easily
be working with some generated C source that is out of date.

If that does not work, I would appreciate if you can mail me a copy of
your UnixOSProcessPlugin.c file so I can figure out what's wrong.

HTH,
Dave