VM on ppc/linux: "iconv_open: Invalid argument"

1 message Options

VM on ppc/linux: "iconv_open: Invalid argument"

pascal.vollmer

Hello,

I have brought Squeak-3.7-7.powerpc-linux-gnu.tar.gz to an linux-based embedded system with no display. In order to test that Squeak is alive I did Smalltalk addToStartUpList: MyTestClass. Here I ask to create a text file and to write some lines.

Running this on my host linux-based computer works without any problems. The text file is created as expected.

On the target I get: "iconv_open: Invalid argument". The text file is not created.

Looking through the vm-sources led me to [squeak-svn] trunk/platforms/unix/vm/sqUnixCharConv.c/convertChars(..).

But since now I could not find fixes or other clues.

Any idea ?

Kind regards
Pascal

Pascal Vollmer
Email: [hidden email]

Zerreißen Sie die Netze der Phisher, Hacker und Betrüger!
Ihre Internet-Sicherheits-Seiten auf Arcor.de bieten alle Infos und Hilfsmittel, die Sie zum sicheren Surfen brauchen! Play it safe!
http://www.arcor.de/footer-sicherheit/