VMMakerTool menu registration also for Pharo 1.1.

VMMakerTool menu registration also for Pharo 1.1.

Torsten Bergmann

Hi,

since world menu registration has changed from Pharo 1.0
to 1.1 (Pharo now uses Pragmas) loading the VMMakerTool
throws a deprecated warning during world menu registration
in class side #initialize.

Attached is a changeset with a fix so that world menu registration
should work in Squeak 4.1., Pharo 1.0 and Pharo 1.1.

Would be nice if it could be incorporated. Unfortunately
I have no write access on squeaksource/VMMaker.

We can then update the ConfigurationOfVMMaker too.

Thx
T.

VMMakerMenueRegistration.1.cs (1K) Download Attachment

Re: VMMakerTool menu registration also for Pharo 1.1.

David T. Lewis

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 07:15:25PM +0200, Torsten Bergmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> since world menu registration has changed from Pharo 1.0
> to 1.1 (Pharo now uses Pragmas) loading the VMMakerTool
> throws a deprecated warning during world menu registration
> in class side #initialize.
>
> Attached is a changeset with a fix so that world menu registration
> should work in Squeak 4.1., Pharo 1.0 and Pharo 1.1.

Torsten,

Thank you so much for doing this. I'm short of time for the next
couple of days or so, but I'll definitely make sure this gets included
in the SqS/VMMaker project. Much appreciated!

> Would be nice if it could be incorporated. Unfortunately
> I have no write access on squeaksource/VMMaker.
>
> We can then update the ConfigurationOfVMMaker too.

I added you as a developer on VMMaker. If you commit something
that has a functional impact on the VM, please update the minor
version number level in VMMaker class>>versionString (but don't
feel obligated to do the commit, I'll get to it pretty soon if
you don't).

Thanks!

Dave

Re: VMMakerTool menu registration also for Pharo 1.1.

David T. Lewis

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 07:15:25PM +0200, Torsten Bergmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> since world menu registration has changed from Pharo 1.0
> to 1.1 (Pharo now uses Pragmas) loading the VMMakerTool
> throws a deprecated warning during world menu registration
> in class side #initialize.
>
> Attached is a changeset with a fix so that world menu registration
> should work in Squeak 4.1., Pharo 1.0 and Pharo 1.1.

Thanks, this is in SqS/VMMaker-dtl.176

Dave