'VOMongoConnectionError' when dowloading mcz from smalltalkhub.com

12

'VOMongoConnectionError' when dowloading mcz from smalltalkhub.com

Dale Henrichs-3

SmalltalkHub mcz downloads are broken ... looks like a mongo server has gone down? .... I ran into this problem running production tests yesterday and today I find that while the smalltalkhub site is up, I cannot download an mcz file, using this url: http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/dkh/metacello/main/Metacello-Base-dkh.109.mcz.

If you are not going to keep the current smalltalkhub site functional, why don't you switch to the static site and give those of us who DEPEND upon static access to mcz files a reliable site to connect to ... I have plans to move completely away from mcz files, but I didn't plan on doing that this week ... and frankly I don't have the cycles to do that ... right now ...

Here's a screenshot of a manual login and navigation to the mcz file that is failing to download:

And when I press the `Download .mcz` button, I get the following "response" after a delay:

Re: 'VOMongoConnectionError' when dowloading mcz from smalltalkhub.com

Esteban A. Maringolo
Hi Dale,

Can't you use this?

Available at:

Maybe the requests to the "dynamic" SmalltalkHub could be rewritten to point to the static version of it.

Regards!

Esteban A. Maringolo

On Tue, Aug 25, 2020 at 1:03 PM Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

On 8/25/20 9:07 AM, Esteban Maringolo wrote:

I can hack things to make my single test case work, but there is code and configuration files at GemStone/GLASS/GsDevKit sites around the world that I cannot edit ... If I was told "sorry we are not going to make sure that the smalltalkhub servers are going to work any more", then I wouldn't have a choice, but to drop everything and do the conversion RIGHT NOW.

Eventually there is going to be a (hopefully) more stable static site and IF/WHEN that happens I won't have to change anything, but this interim flakiness of the smalltalkhub servers is getting to be annoying ...

Available at:

Maybe the requests to the "dynamic" SmalltalkHub could be rewritten to point to the static version of it.

If the dynamic servers are going to be unreliable, then this is probably a better solution, I'm sure that the folks who are still actively using the dynamic site aren't pleased with the flakiness either:)

Dale

[...]

demarey
Hi Dale,

Sorry, I did not see your message before.
Yesterday, I switched smalltalkhub to the static version (a bit earlier than announced) to avoid frequent downtimes we had with smalltalkhub.
I did not measure but downloads should now be faster and reliable.

Do not hesitate to ping if you have any problem.

Cheers,
Christophe

Le 26 août 2020 à 18:12, Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]> a écrit :

[...]

<jchancldefkbdajd.png>

And when I press the `Download .mcz` button, I get the following "response" after a delay:

<lnonccpgaamnnobg.png>

Re: 'VOMongoConnectionError' when dowloading mcz from smalltalkhub.com

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

> On 27 Aug 2020, at 14:36, Christophe Demarey <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Dale,
>
> Sorry, I did not see your message before.
> Yesterday, I switched smalltalkhub to the static version (a bit earlier than announced) to avoid frequent downtimes we had with smalltalkhub.

Are you sure ?

For me, http://smalltalkhub.com is different from http://static.smalltalkhub.com

And the download links

http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/SvenVanCaekenberghe/ZincHTTPComponents/main/ConfigurationOfZincHTTPComponents-SvenVanCaekenberghe.120.mcz

and

http://static.smalltalkhub.com/SvenVanCaekenberghe/ZincHTTPComponents/mc/ConfigurationOfZincHTTPComponents-SvenVanCaekenberghe.120.mcz

are coming from a different server.

> I did not measure but downloads should now be faster and reliable.
>
> Do not hesitate to ping if you have any problem.
>
> Cheers,
> Christophe
>
>> Le 26 août 2020 à 18:12, Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>
>> Well, I haven't see any email response, but today (after two days of brokenness), http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/dkh/metacello/main/Metacello-Base-dkh.109.mcz is now downloading successfully, so THANK YOU, to whoever fixed the problem!
>>
>> Dale
>>
>> On 8/25/20 9:02 AM, Dale Henrichs wrote:
>>> SmalltalkHub mcz downloads are broken ... looks like a mongo server has gone down? .... I ran into this problem running production tests yesterday and today I find that while the smalltalkhub site is up, I cannot download an mcz file, using this url: http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/dkh/metacello/main/Metacello-Base-dkh.109.mcz.
>>>
>>> If you are not going to keep the current smalltalkhub site functional, why don't you switch to the static site and give those of us who DEPEND upon static access to mcz files a reliable site to connect to ... I have plans to move completely away from mcz files, but I didn't plan on doing that this week ... and frankly I don't have the cycles to do that ... right now ...
>>>
>>> Here's a screenshot of a manual login and navigation to the mcz file that is failing to download:
>>>
>>> <jchancldefkbdajd.png>
>>>
>>> And when I press the `Download .mcz` button, I get the following "response" after a delay:
>>>
>>> <lnonccpgaamnnobg.png>

Re: 'VOMongoConnectionError' when dowloading mcz from smalltalkhub.com

Esteban A. Maringolo
Again, I don't know what software is serving SmalltalkHub HTTP
requests, but can't we make a redirect or rewrite rule in the HTTP
request to transparently answer the proper resource when requested?

It would be simply removing the `/mc` and changing the hostname.

This way Baselines and other dependencies don't have to be rewritten
to continue working.

Regards!

Esteban A. Maringolo

On Thu, Aug 27, 2020 at 9:47 AM Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > On 27 Aug 2020, at 14:36, Christophe Demarey <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Dale,
> >
> > Sorry, I did not see your message before.
> > Yesterday, I switched smalltalkhub to the static version (a bit earlier than announced) to avoid frequent downtimes we had with smalltalkhub.
>
> Are you sure ?
>
> For me, http://smalltalkhub.com is different from http://static.smalltalkhub.com
>
> And the download links
>
> http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/SvenVanCaekenberghe/ZincHTTPComponents/main/ConfigurationOfZincHTTPComponents-SvenVanCaekenberghe.120.mcz
>
> and
>
> http://static.smalltalkhub.com/SvenVanCaekenberghe/ZincHTTPComponents/mc/ConfigurationOfZincHTTPComponents-SvenVanCaekenberghe.120.mcz
>
> are coming from a different server.
>
> > I did not measure but downloads should now be faster and reliable.
> >
> > Do not hesitate to ping if you have any problem.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Christophe
> >
> >> Le 26 août 2020 à 18:12, Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]> a écrit :
> >>
> >> Well, I haven't see any email response, but today (after two days of brokenness), http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/dkh/metacello/main/Metacello-Base-dkh.109.mcz is now downloading successfully, so THANK YOU, to whoever fixed the problem!
> >>
> >> Dale

Re: 'VOMongoConnectionError' when dowloading mcz from smalltalkhub.com

demarey
Hi Sven,

> Le 27 août 2020 à 14:47, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>

>> On 27 Aug 2020, at 14:36, Christophe Demarey <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Dale,
>>
>> Sorry, I did not see your message before.
>> Yesterday, I switched smalltalkhub to the static version (a bit earlier than announced) to avoid frequent downtimes we had with smalltalkhub.
>
> Are you sure ?
>
> For me, http://smalltalkhub.com is different from http://static.smalltalkhub.com

Yes, there are DNS caches probably stil referring to the non-static version.
Maybe you can try this: https://coolestguidesontheplanet.com/clear-the-local-dns-cache-in-osx/

Regards,
Christophe.

Re: 'VOMongoConnectionError' when dowloading mcz from smalltalkhub.com

demarey
Hi  Esteban,

> Le 27 août 2020 à 15:14, Esteban Maringolo <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Again, I don't know what software is serving SmalltalkHub HTTP
> requests, but can't we make a redirect or rewrite rule in the HTTP
> request to transparently answer the proper resource when requested?
>
> It would be simply removing the `/mc` and changing the hostname.
>
> This way Baselines and other dependencies don't have to be rewritten
> to continue working.

I do not get what you mean.
The static version rewrites old / used urls so that all URLs that are used in baselines or whatever are still served transparently.
We took care of this to do not break the load of old piece of software.

Regards,
Christophe.

Re: 'VOMongoConnectionError' when dowloading mcz from smalltalkhub.com

Esteban A. Maringolo
Hi Cristophe,

I was referring to exactly what you mention you did to preserve the
load of dependencies.
But since it failed me, and also to Dale and others I know, I thought
it was not the case that such consideration was in place.

Thanks!

Esteban A. Maringolo

On Thu, Aug 27, 2020 at 11:02 AM Christophe Demarey
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi  Esteban,
>
> > Le 27 août 2020 à 15:14, Esteban Maringolo <[hidden email]> a écrit :
> >
> > Again, I don't know what software is serving SmalltalkHub HTTP
> > requests, but can't we make a redirect or rewrite rule in the HTTP
> > request to transparently answer the proper resource when requested?
> >
> > It would be simply removing the `/mc` and changing the hostname.
> >
> > This way Baselines and other dependencies don't have to be rewritten
> > to continue working.
>
> I do not get what you mean.
> The static version rewrites old / used urls so that all URLs that are used in baselines or whatever are still served transparently.
> We took care of this to do not break the load of old piece of software.
>
> Regards,
> Christophe.

Re: 'VOMongoConnectionError' when dowloading mcz from smalltalkhub.com

Dale Henrichs-3

Christophe,

There is a new(?) problem that we are having that has been reported in this thread on the GLASS list[1] where I am able to successfully download an mcz file [2], but get a `Not Found` error when I try to list the mcz files in a project[3]. The missing mcz list is consistent with the failed builds that I am now seeing on travis [4] and that are being reported by Brodbeck[1]. I have yet to get to a point where I can debug the problems directly and determine what is actually going on and of course I can't tell if these are the results of slow DNS propagation.

In this case [2][3], the list of file shows up on the dynamic(?) site:

and can be downloaded by pressing the download for the selected mcz file, but the missing list of packages[3] is likely to be the root cause of the problem.

Dale

[1] http://forum.world.st/SmalltalkHub-packages-not-accessible-tt5120932.html
[2] http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/Seaside30LGPL/main/Seaside-Swazoo-jf.19.mcz
[3] http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/Seaside30LGPL
[4] https://travis-ci.org/github/GsDevKit/GsDevKit_home/jobs/721523221#L2411

On 8/27/20 5:36 AM, Christophe Demarey wrote:
[...]

As I've started digging around, I have found that this url[1] does produce the correct list of mcz files in the browser, but is currently failing to produce any list at all in GLASS ... so there is a different mystery ... other than the fact that this url[1] was working prior(?) to the switchover (if in fact the DNS has propagated to all the right spots) and has been working for all of the other http Monticello repositories for over a decade:)

I will continue digging ...

Dale

[1] http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/Seaside30LGPL/main

On 8/27/20 12:48 PM, Dale Henrichs wrote:

[...]

My guess is lies in the difference in the payload returned.

http://www.squeaksource.com/MooseSQL/ produces a html page:

and the static smalltalkhub site does not:

I think that all of the monticello web sites return an html web page listing of packages and presumably the static site should produce html  ... I'm sure that the dynamic version of smalltalkhub produced html pages as well and for now we are caught between a rock and a hard place ... the dynamic site is flakey and the static site breaks existing Monticello package list reading code:)

Dale

On 8/27/20 1:04 PM, Dale Henrichs wrote:

[...]

Hmm, this is going to be a hard one.

SmalltalkHub got optimised in Pharo, consider

MCHttpRepository>>#parseFileNamesFromStream: aStream
        | names fullName |
        names := OrderedCollection new.
        [aStream atEnd] whileFalse:
                [[aStream upTo: $<. {$a. $A. nil} includes: aStream next] whileFalse.
                aStream upTo: $".
                aStream atEnd ifFalse: [
                        fullName := aStream upTo: $".
                        names add: fullName urlDecoded ]].
        ^ names

vs.

MCSmalltalkHubRepository>>#parseFileNamesFromStream: aNewLineDelimitedString
        ^ aNewLineDelimitedString
                ifNil: [ ^ OrderedCollection new ]
                ifNotNil: [ aNewLineDelimitedString substrings: String crlf ]

In the old server code there was probably a way to detect what kind of client was making the request to determine how to respond. I am not sure a static server can do that (it is the format=raw query parameter, see MCSmalltalkHubRepository>>#loadAllFileNames). I also believe GZIP compressed files were returned in the optimised case.

BTW, there exists code to generate the listing in

ZnMonticelloRepository>>#repositoryListing
        ^ ZnHtmlOutputStream streamContents: [ :html |
                html page: 'Monticello Repository' do: [
                        html tag: #ul do: [
                                self mczEntries do: [ :each |
                                        html tag: #li do: [
                                                html
                                                        tag: #a
                                                        attributes: { #href. each }
                                                        with: each ] ] ] ] ]

Sven

> On 27 Aug 2020, at 22:29, Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> My guess is lies in the difference in the payload returned.
>
> http://www.squeaksource.com/MooseSQL/ produces a html page:
>
> <pnioijaecacnfagp.png>
>
> and the static smalltalkhub site does not:
>
> <lepkhlgeiolajoki.png>
>
> I think that all of the monticello web sites return an html web page listing of packages and presumably the static site should produce html  ... I'm sure that the dynamic version of smalltalkhub produced html pages as well and for now we are caught between a rock and a hard place ... the dynamic site is flakey and the static site breaks existing Monticello package list reading code:)
>
> Dale
>
> On 8/27/20 1:04 PM, Dale Henrichs wrote:
>> As I've started digging around, I have found that this url[1] does produce the correct list of mcz files in the browser, but is currently failing to produce any list at all in GLASS ... so there is a different mystery ... other than the fact that this url[1] was working prior(?) to the switchover (if in fact the DNS has propagated to all the right spots) and has been working for all of the other http Monticello repositories for over a decade:)
>>
>> I will continue digging ...
>>
>> Dale
>>
>> [1] http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/Seaside30LGPL/main
>>
>> On 8/27/20 12:48 PM, Dale Henrichs wrote:
>>> Christophe,
>>>
>>> There is a new(?) problem that we are having that has been reported in this thread on the GLASS list[1] where I am able to successfully download an mcz file [2], but get a `Not Found` error when I try to list the mcz files in a project[3]. The missing mcz list is consistent with the failed builds that I am now seeing on travis [4] and that are being reported by Brodbeck[1]. I have yet to get to a point where I can debug the problems directly and determine what is actually going on and of course I can't tell if these are the results of slow DNS propagation.
>>>
>>> In this case [2][3], the list of file shows up on the dynamic(?) site:
>>>
>>> <popmbnhcnehhanno.png>
>>>
>>> and can be downloaded by pressing the download for the selected mcz file, but the missing list of packages[3] is likely to be the root cause of the problem.
>>>
>>> Dale
>>>
>>> [1] http://forum.world.st/SmalltalkHub-packages-not-accessible-tt5120932.html
>>> [2] http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/Seaside30LGPL/main/Seaside-Swazoo-jf.19.mcz
>>> [3] http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/Seaside30LGPL
>>> [4] https://travis-ci.org/github/GsDevKit/GsDevKit_home/jobs/721523221#L2411

Re: 'VOMongoConnectionError' when dowloading mcz from smalltalkhub.com

Dale Henrichs-3
Depends upon how old that optimized code is ... as little as a 15 days
ago, the last time my travis cron job ran successfully[1], the pharo
code presumably was handling html page returns ... I'm pretty certain I
haven't touched the Monticello HTTP handling code for nearly a decade:)

Dale

[1] https://travis-ci.org/github/GsDevKit/GsDevKit_home/builds/717364651

On 8/27/20 1:44 PM, Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote:

> [...]
>>
>> Dale
>>
>> On 8/27/20 1:04 PM, Dale Henrichs wrote:
>>> As I've started digging around, I have found that this url[1] does produce the correct list of mcz files in the browser, but is currently failing to produce any list at all in GLASS ... so there is a different mystery ... other than the fact that this url[1] was working prior(?) to the switchover (if in fact the DNS has propagated to all the right spots) and has been working for all of the other http Monticello repositories for over a decade:)
>>>
>>> I will continue digging ...
>>>
>>> Dale
>>>
>>> [1] http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/Seaside30LGPL/main

Re: 'VOMongoConnectionError' when dowloading mcz from smalltalkhub.com

The static version of StHub seems to always assume the client is Pharo, while the dynamic version used format=raw (which non-Pharo implementation did not include in their request for the listing) to send the Pharo specific response only then.

> On 27 Aug 2020, at 23:34, Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Depends upon how old that optimized code is ... as little as a 15 days ago, the last time my travis cron job ran successfully[1], the pharo code presumably was handling html page returns ... I'm pretty certain I haven't touched the Monticello HTTP handling code for nearly a decade:)
>
> Dale
>
> [1] https://travis-ci.org/github/GsDevKit/GsDevKit_home/builds/717364651
>
> On 8/27/20 1:44 PM, Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote:
>> Hmm, this is going to be a hard one.
>>
>> SmalltalkHub got optimised in Pharo, consider
>>
>> MCHttpRepository>>#parseFileNamesFromStream: aStream
>> | names fullName |
>> names := OrderedCollection new.
>> [aStream atEnd] whileFalse:
>> [[aStream upTo: $<. {$a. $A. nil} includes: aStream next] whileFalse.
>> aStream upTo: $".
>> aStream atEnd ifFalse: [
>> fullName := aStream upTo: $".
>> names add: fullName urlDecoded ]].
>> ^ names
>>
>> vs.
>>
>> MCSmalltalkHubRepository>>#parseFileNamesFromStream: aNewLineDelimitedString
>> ^ aNewLineDelimitedString
>> ifNil: [ ^ OrderedCollection new ]
>> ifNotNil: [ aNewLineDelimitedString substrings: String crlf ]
>>
>> In the old server code there was probably a way to detect what kind of client was making the request to determine how to respond. I am not sure a static server can do that (it is the format=raw query parameter, see MCSmalltalkHubRepository>>#loadAllFileNames). I also believe GZIP compressed files were returned in the optimised case.
>>
>> BTW, there exists code to generate the listing in
>>
>> ZnMonticelloRepository>>#repositoryListing
>> ^ ZnHtmlOutputStream streamContents: [ :html |
>> html page: 'Monticello Repository' do: [
>> html tag: #ul do: [
>> self mczEntries do: [ :each |
>> html tag: #li do: [
>> html
>> tag: #a
>> attributes: { #href. each }
>> with: each ] ] ] ] ]
>>
>> Sven
>>
>>> On 27 Aug 2020, at 22:29, Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> My guess is lies in the difference in the payload returned.
>>>
>>> http://www.squeaksource.com/MooseSQL/ produces a html page:
>>>
>>> <pnioijaecacnfagp.png>
>>>
>>> and the static smalltalkhub site does not:
>>>
>>> <lepkhlgeiolajoki.png>
>>>
>>> I think that all of the monticello web sites return an html web page listing of packages and presumably the static site should produce html  ... I'm sure that the dynamic version of smalltalkhub produced html pages as well and for now we are caught between a rock and a hard place ... the dynamic site is flakey and the static site breaks existing Monticello package list reading code:)
>>>
>>> Dale

Re: 'VOMongoConnectionError' when dowloading mcz from smalltalkhub.com

Dale Henrichs-3
That makes sense and confirms that the static site has a bug ...
portions of my work are on hold until the SmalltalkHub issue is resolved
and at least one other GemStone user is impacted, so far...

Dale

On 8/27/20 2:41 PM, Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote:

> The static version of StHub seems to always assume the client is Pharo, while the dynamic version used format=raw (which non-Pharo implementation did not include in their request for the listing) to send the Pharo specific response only then.
>
>> On 27 Aug 2020, at 23:34, Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Depends upon how old that optimized code is ... as little as a 15 days ago, the last time my travis cron job ran successfully[1], the pharo code presumably was handling html page returns ... I'm pretty certain I haven't touched the Monticello HTTP handling code for nearly a decade:)
>>
>> Dale
>>
>> [1] https://travis-ci.org/github/GsDevKit/GsDevKit_home/builds/717364651
>>
>> On 8/27/20 1:44 PM, Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote:
>>> Hmm, this is going to be a hard one.
>>>
>>> SmalltalkHub got optimised in Pharo, consider
>>>
>>> MCHttpRepository>>#parseFileNamesFromStream: aStream
>>> | names fullName |
>>> names := OrderedCollection new.
>>> [aStream atEnd] whileFalse:
>>> [[aStream upTo: $<. {$a. $A. nil} includes: aStream next] whileFalse.
>>> aStream upTo: $".
>>> aStream atEnd ifFalse: [
>>> fullName := aStream upTo: $".
>>> names add: fullName urlDecoded ]].
>>> ^ names
>>>
>>> vs.
>>>
>>> MCSmalltalkHubRepository>>#parseFileNamesFromStream: aNewLineDelimitedString
>>> ^ aNewLineDelimitedString
>>> ifNil: [ ^ OrderedCollection new ]
>>> ifNotNil: [ aNewLineDelimitedString substrings: String crlf ]
>>>
>>> In the old server code there was probably a way to detect what kind of client was making the request to determine how to respond. I am not sure a static server can do that (it is the format=raw query parameter, see MCSmalltalkHubRepository>>#loadAllFileNames). I also believe GZIP compressed files were returned in the optimised case.
>>>
>>> BTW, there exists code to generate the listing in
>>>
>>> ZnMonticelloRepository>>#repositoryListing
>>> ^ ZnHtmlOutputStream streamContents: [ :html |
>>> html page: 'Monticello Repository' do: [
>>> html tag: #ul do: [
>>> self mczEntries do: [ :each |
>>> html tag: #li do: [
>>> html
>>> tag: #a
>>> attributes: { #href. each }
>>> with: each ] ] ] ] ]
>>>
>>> Sven

Re: 'VOMongoConnectionError' when dowloading mcz from smalltalkhub.com

demarey
Hi Dale,

I would not call it a bug but an omission ;)
It is hard to guess that a tool is scraping an html page to get data.

Nevertheless, I will take a look today to find a solution for Glass to work again with smalltalkhub.
Could you tell me what is the expected output? What is the html structure that is expected?

I think I can find a solution to produce an html page through apache index listing and rewrite rules to catch URLs like http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/Seaside30LGPL/main.

Thanks,
Christophe.

> Le 27 août 2020 à 23:50, Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> That makes sense and confirms that the static site has a bug ... portions of my work are on hold until the SmalltalkHub issue is resolved and at least one other GemStone user is impacted, so far...
>
> Dale
>
> On 8/27/20 2:41 PM, Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote:
>> The static version of StHub seems to always assume the client is Pharo, while the dynamic version used format=raw (which non-Pharo implementation did not include in their request for the listing) to send the Pharo specific response only then.
>>
>>> On 27 Aug 2020, at 23:34, Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Depends upon how old that optimized code is ... as little as a 15 days ago, the last time my travis cron job ran successfully[1], the pharo code presumably was handling html page returns ... I'm pretty certain I haven't touched the Monticello HTTP handling code for nearly a decade:)
>>>
>>> Dale
>>>
>>> [1] https://travis-ci.org/github/GsDevKit/GsDevKit_home/builds/717364651

Re: 'VOMongoConnectionError' when dowloading mcz from smalltalkhub.com

demarey
Smalltalkhub is now to able to distinguish between raw and not raw mcz listing requests.
Ex:
        http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/Seaside30LGPL/main?format=raw
        http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/Seaside30LGPL/main/

I already use the apache directory index for another page so I will not be able to modify this one. I guess the current index will «  not work » because glass expect some HTML structure.
Could you confirm and tell me what is the expected structure?

Regards,
Christophe

> Le 28 août 2020 à 09:37, Christophe Demarey <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Hi Dale,
>
> I would not call it a bug but an omission ;)
> It is hard to guess that a tool is scraping an html page to get data.
>
> Nevertheless, I will take a look today to find a solution for Glass to work again with smalltalkhub.
> Could you tell me what is the expected output? What is the html structure that is expected?
>
> I think I can find a solution to produce an html page through apache index listing and rewrite rules to catch URLs like http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/Seaside30LGPL/main.
>
> Thanks,
> Christophe.
>
>> Le 27 août 2020 à 23:50, Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>
>> That makes sense and confirms that the static site has a bug ... portions of my work are on hold until the SmalltalkHub issue is resolved and at least one other GemStone user is impacted, so far...
>>
>> Dale
>>
>> On 8/27/20 2:41 PM, Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote:
>>> The static version of StHub seems to always assume the client is Pharo, while the dynamic version used format=raw (which non-Pharo implementation did not include in their request for the listing) to send the Pharo specific response only then.

Re: 'VOMongoConnectionError' when dowloading mcz from smalltalkhub.com

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

> On 28 Aug 2020, at 10:13, Christophe Demarey <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Smalltalkhub is now to able to distinguish between raw and not raw mcz listing requests.
> Ex:
> http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/Seaside30LGPL/main?format=raw
> http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/Seaside30LGPL/main/
>
> I already use the apache directory index for another page so I will not be able to modify this one. I guess the current index will «  not work » because glass expect some HTML structure.
> Could you confirm and tell me what is the expected structure?

See my earlier mail with code.

> Regards,
> Christophe
>
>> Le 28 août 2020 à 09:37, Christophe Demarey <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>
>> Hi Dale,
>>
>> I would not call it a bug but an omission ;)
>> It is hard to guess that a tool is scraping an html page to get data.
>>
>> Nevertheless, I will take a look today to find a solution for Glass to work again with smalltalkhub.
>> Could you tell me what is the expected output? What is the html structure that is expected?
>>
>> I think I can find a solution to produce an html page through apache index listing and rewrite rules to catch URLs like http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/Seaside30LGPL/main.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Christophe.
>>
>>> Le 27 août 2020 à 23:50, Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>>
>>> That makes sense and confirms that the static site has a bug ... portions of my work are on hold until the SmalltalkHub issue is resolved and at least one other GemStone user is impacted, so far...
>>>
>>> Dale

12