[Voyage] #selectAll:sortBy: not implemented?

[Voyage] #selectAll:sortBy: not implemented?

Víctor Casado
Hi all!

I've recently started to use MongoDB and Voyage in a project of my work (I find it too interesting!) following this tutorial:

https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/PharoForTheEnterprise/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/Voyage/Voyage.pier.pdf

I've been facing issues to sort the elements of my database, specifically using the selectAllSortBy: message, which I see is not fully implemented. Maybe I am wrong? Instead of this, I used selectMany:sortBy: and it does the trick, but I'd like to know if the previous one will be implemented some day.

Regards,

PS: Sorry but I don't know if this has been discused, if so, I didn't found it.

Re: [Voyage] #selectAll:sortBy: not implemented?

EstebanLM
yes, I forgot to implement it (I never needed) :S

in the mean time, you can use:

MyClass
    selectMany: Dictionary new
    sortBy: { #myfield: VOOrder oscending } asDictionary

and it will have same result.

cheers,
Esteban

On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 2:05 PM, Víctor Casado <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all!

I've recently started to use MongoDB and Voyage in a project of my work (I
find it too interesting!) following this tutorial:

https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/PharoForTheEnterprise/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/Voyage/Voyage.pier.pdf

I've been facing issues to sort the elements of my database, specifically
using the /selectAllSortBy:/ message, which I see is not fully implemented.
Maybe I am wrong? Instead of this, I used /selectMany:sortBy:/ and it does
the trick, but I'd like to know if the previous one will be implemented some
day.

Regards,

PS: Sorry but I don't know if this has been discused, if so, I didn't found
it.

Re: [Voyage] #selectAll:sortBy: not implemented?

Víctor Casado
Hey Esteban!

Thanks a lot for your work and for the quick response, it works perfectly :)

Best regards,

Re: [Voyage] #selectAll:sortBy: not implemented?

jfabry
Hi Victor,

as luck has it, I am just now updating the documentation of Voyage. I have not yet worked on the querying section, but everything before that has been reworked today. You may want to take a look again at the next build of the pdf, especially if you want to learn about customizing how objects are stored in the database.

Any questions and remarks on the documentation are of course welcome. And that holds for everybody, not just Victor, of course ;-)

Greetings,

On Nov 26, 2013, at 10:05 AM, Víctor Casado <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I've recently started to use MongoDB and Voyage in a project of my work (I
> find it too interesting!) following this tutorial:
>
> https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/PharoForTheEnterprise/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/Voyage/Voyage.pier.pdf
>
> I've been facing issues to sort the elements of my database, specifically
> using the /selectAllSortBy:/ message, which I see is not fully implemented.
> Maybe I am wrong? Instead of this, I used /selectMany:sortBy:/ and it does
> the trick, but I'd like to know if the previous one will be implemented some
> day.
>
> Regards,
>
> PS: Sorry but I don't know if this has been discused, if so, I didn't found
> it.

---> Save our in-boxes! http://emailcharter.org <---

Johan Fabry   -   http://pleiad.cl/~jfabry
PLEIAD lab  -  Computer Science Department (DCC)  -  University of Chile

Re: [Voyage] #selectAll:sortBy: not implemented?

Víctor Casado
Hi Johan,

Thanks a lot for report the update and of course for been working on it, will be of great help! If I have any suggestions I'll let you know.

Regards,