Web page in 3D window + Avatar control

Andy Konstandinidis
Hello,
I'm trying to load a web page in a 3D window. I know can do this by selecting "New..Desktop", but what I want is to have the page already loaded when the virtual world starts. Any ideas? Which class implements this?
Also, which classes implement the user interface (mouse and keyboard control)? I would like to change the key mappings...
Thank you in advance!

Web page in 3D window + Avatar control

Ankh'nAton
Hello Andreas,
it seems, that you refer to the KAT, yeah?

The mechanism that implements this sort of a web browser is called VNC.  Every
instance of a web browser, called this way, runs as a virtual desktop on the
"Hedgehog" server, which is just a demonstration and should not be considered a
final solution. But you can mimic this mechanism by starting a VNC desktop on
your own server and connect via the menu option "Admin/New raw RFB".

If you tell your VNC desktop to only start a web browser in full screen mode
and nothing else, then you are on the safe side, given that the user who owes
that desktop cannot do anything more than browsing.

Alternatively, if all you need is simple WIKI browsing and editing, you can
create a ProjectLink to a squeak project containing an instance of Scamper, a
limited but pure Smalltalk web browser.

Cheers...
Thomas Braun