WebClient maintenance

Tobias Pape
Hi list

I have a patch for WebClient.
Who can decide how to proceed with WebClient's maintenance?
Who am I to ask to push changes to the Repo?

Best
        -Tobias

Re: WebClient maintenance

Colin Putney-3

On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 8:41 AM, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:

I have a patch for WebClient.
Who can decide how to proceed with WebClient's maintenance?
Who am I to ask to push changes to the Repo?

Well, I guess WebClient is community supported now. :-(

We ought to move it off SqueakSource so that the community can maintain it.

Colin

Re: WebClient maintenance

Frank Shearar-3
On 3 April 2013 17:15, Colin Putney <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 8:41 AM, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> I have a patch for WebClient.
>> Who can decide how to proceed with WebClient's maintenance?
>> Who am I to ask to push changes to the Repo?
>

> Well, I guess WebClient is community supported now. :-(
>
> We ought to move it off SqueakSource so that the community can maintain it.

I'm too lazy to check, but I'm pretty sure Ron Teitelbaum and Eliot
Miranda are the new admins. And yes, I also think it ought to move off
SqueakSource.

frank

> Colin

Re: WebClient maintenance

Tobias Pape
Am 03.04.2013 um 21:22 schrieb Frank Shearar <[hidden email]>:

> On 3 April 2013 17:15, Colin Putney <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>> On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 8:41 AM, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>>> I have a patch for WebClient.
>>> Who can decide how to proceed with WebClient's maintenance?
>>> Who am I to ask to push changes to the Repo?
>>

>> Well, I guess WebClient is community supported now. :-(
>>
>> We ought to move it off SqueakSource so that the community can maintain it.
>
> I'm too lazy to check, but I'm pretty sure Ron Teitelbaum and Eliot
> Miranda are the new admins. And yes, I also think it ought to move off
> SqueakSource.

Then where would it go?
source.squeak.org?
ss3?
smalltalkhub?
github?

Best
        -tobias

Re: WebClient maintenance

Frank Shearar-3
On 3 April 2013 20:25, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Am 03.04.2013 um 21:22 schrieb Frank Shearar <[hidden email]>:

>>> Well, I guess WebClient is community supported now. :-(
>>>
>>> We ought to move it off SqueakSource so that the community can maintain it.
>>
>> I'm too lazy to check, but I'm pretty sure Ron Teitelbaum and Eliot
>> Miranda are the new admins. And yes, I also think it ought to move off
>> SqueakSource.
>

> Then where would it go?
> source.squeak.org?
> ss3?
> smalltalkhub?
> github?

I'd say ss3, but it's Eliot's call.

(In an ideal world I'd say github, but I think we have some work to do
workflow-wise before I can honestly suggest that.)

frank

> Best
>         -tobias

Re: WebClient maintenance

Tobias Pape
Hi

Am 03.04.2013 um 21:42 schrieb Frank Shearar <[hidden email]>:

> I'd say ss3, but it's Eliot's call.
>
> (In an ideal world I'd say github, but I think we have some work to do
> workflow-wise before I can honestly suggest that.)

I've made a bold move and created

http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/WebClient.html

and copied everything over from the squeaksource.com page.

I made Ron, Eliot and Andreas admins for the Repo.

If anybody does think that this is not ok or
has problems with that, please raise your virtual hand.

Best
        -Tobias

Re: WebClient maintenance

Frank Shearar-3
On 4 April 2013 10:52, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Am 03.04.2013 um 21:42 schrieb Frank Shearar <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> I'd say ss3, but it's Eliot's call.
>>
>> (In an ideal world I'd say github, but I think we have some work to do
>> workflow-wise before I can honestly suggest that.)
>

> I've made a bold move and created
>
> http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/WebClient.html
>
> and copied everything over from the squeaksource.com page.
>
> I made Ron, Eliot and Andreas admins for the Repo.
>
> If anybody does think that this is not ok or
> has problems with that, please raise your virtual hand.

Just a note that if noone objects, we need
* a note on the SS repo saying "don't use this, use ss3",
* updating the SqueakMap catalog if present,
* and the SM code in the image currently lazily loads WebClient, and
does so from the SS repo.
* (InstallerGitHub does the same, but it's not ready for Trunk yet,
and I'll fix the reference.)

frank

> Best
>         -Tobias

Re: WebClient maintenance

Frank Shearar-3
On 4 April 2013 11:21, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 4 April 2013 10:52, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Am 03.04.2013 um 21:42 schrieb Frank Shearar <[hidden email]>:
>>>
>>> I'd say ss3, but it's Eliot's call.
>>>
>>> (In an ideal world I'd say github, but I think we have some work to do
>>> workflow-wise before I can honestly suggest that.)
>>

>> I've made a bold move and created
>>
>> http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/WebClient.html
>>
>> and copied everything over from the squeaksource.com page.
>>
>> I made Ron, Eliot and Andreas admins for the Repo.
>>
>> If anybody does think that this is not ok or
>> has problems with that, please raise your virtual hand.
>
> Just a note that if noone objects, we need
> * a note on the SS repo saying "don't use this, use ss3",
> * updating the SqueakMap catalog if present,
> * and the SM code in the image currently lazily loads WebClient, and
> does so from the SS repo.
> * (InstallerGitHub does the same, but it's not ready for Trunk yet,
> and I'll fix the reference.)
>
> frank
>
>> Best
>>         -Tobias

Oh, and I just noticed that all the original HTML got escaped, so
there are tags everywhere.

frank

Re: WebClient maintenance

Tobias Pape
Am 04.04.2013 um 23:32 schrieb Frank Shearar <[hidden email]>:

> On 4 April 2013 11:21, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On 4 April 2013 10:52, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> Am 03.04.2013 um 21:42 schrieb Frank Shearar <[hidden email]>:
>>>

>>> I've made a bold move and created
>>>
>>> http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/WebClient.html
>>>
>>> and copied everything over from the squeaksource.com page.
>>>
>>> I made Ron, Eliot and Andreas admins for the Repo.
>>>
>>> If anybody does think that this is not ok or
>>> has problems with that, please raise your virtual hand.
>>
>> Just a note that if noone objects, we need
>> * a note on the SS repo saying "don't use this, use ss3",
>> * updating the SqueakMap catalog if present,
>> * and the SM code in the image currently lazily loads WebClient, and
>> does so from the SS repo.
>> * (InstallerGitHub does the same, but it's not ready for Trunk yet,
>> and I'll fix the reference.)
>>
>> frank
>>
>>> Best
>>>        -Tobias
>>>

> Oh, and I just noticed that all the original HTML got escaped, so
> there are tags everywhere.

Yes I know :/
I think escaping html was a bad idea for proejct description to begin with…
But that is a Squeaksource thing, I'll fix that, but I don't when it will
hit the ss3 site.

Best
        -Tobias

RE: WebClient maintenance

Ron Teitelbaum
Works for me.

Let me know if you need me to do something.

All the best,

Ron