What gives? OpenQWAK????

LawsonEnglish

RE: What gives? OpenQWAK????

Ron Teitelbaum
It's a secret.

Wait for it.

Qwaq - hmm, where have I heard that name before?

Ron Teitelbaum

Re: What gives? OpenQWAK????

Danie Roux-3
On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 4:55 PM, Ron Teitelbaum <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Qwaq - hmm, where have I heard that name before?

This is unexpected. And very, very exciting!

Danie Roux

Re: What gives? OpenQWAK????

Randal L. Schwartz

Ron> It's a secret.

Great, maybe we'll finally get a place for the Squeak Board meeting
where the audio works ok on Macs again. :)

See http://methodsandmessages.posterous.com/ for Smalltalk discussion

Re: What gives? OpenQWAK????

Casey Ransberger-2
Wait, what?

On Apr 28, 2011, at 8:20 AM, Danie Roux <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 4:55 PM, Ron Teitelbaum <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Qwaq - hmm, where have I heard that name before?
>
> This is unexpected. And very, very exciting!
>
> --
> Danie Roux

Re: What gives? OpenQWAK????

Richard Durr-2
I do not believe it ^^But woulöd be cool :D

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 6:06 PM, Casey Ransberger <[hidden email]> wrote:
Wait, what?

On Apr 28, 2011, at 8:20 AM, Danie Roux <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 4:55 PM, Ron Teitelbaum <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Qwaq - hmm, where have I heard that name before?
>
> This is unexpected. And very, very exciting!
>
> --
> Danie Roux

Re: What gives? OpenQWAK????

LawsonEnglish
GPLed.   Which means that it will be very iffy for Croquet or Cobalt to incorporate some of the innovations...

Lawson

On 4/28/11 9:58 AM, Richard Durr wrote:
I do not believe it ^^But woulöd be cool :D

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 6:06 PM, Casey Ransberger <[hidden email]> wrote:
Wait, what?

On Apr 28, 2011, at 8:20 AM, Danie Roux <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 4:55 PM, Ron Teitelbaum <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Qwaq - hmm, where have I heard that name before?
>
> This is unexpected. And very, very exciting!
>
> --
> Danie Roux

Re: What gives? OpenQWAK????

Nikolay Suslov
Lawson,

There was no any official announcement from the project owners. Thinking, we need patiently wait for it, before starting any discussion on this list.

Regards,
Nikolay

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 9:34 PM, Lawson English <[hidden email]> wrote:
GPLed.   Which means that it will be very iffy for Croquet or Cobalt to incorporate some of the innovations...

Lawson

Re: What gives? OpenQWAK????

Levente Uzonyi-2
On Thu, 28 Apr 2011, Lawson English wrote:

> GPLed.   Which means that it will be very iffy for Croquet or Cobalt to
> incorporate some of the innovations...

Having the GPL license is totally understandable. Releasing the code under
GPL is much better than not releasing it at all. Ideas can still flow
between all Croquet descendants.

Levente

> Lawson
>
> On 4/28/11 9:58 AM, Richard Durr wrote:
>> I do not believe it ^^But woulöd be cool :D
>>
>> On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 6:06 PM, Casey Ransberger <[hidden email]
>> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>>     Wait, what?
>>
>>     On Apr 28, 2011, at 8:20 AM, Danie Roux
>>     <[hidden email] <mailto:lists%[hidden email]>>
>>     wrote:
>>
>>     > On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 4:55 PM, Ron Teitelbaum
>>     <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>     >> Qwaq - hmm, where have I heard that name before?
>>     >
>>     > This is unexpected. And very, very exciting!
>>     >
>>     > --
>>     > Danie Roux
>>     >

Re: What gives? OpenQWAK????

garduino
2011/4/28 Levente Uzonyi <[hidden email]>:
> On Thu, 28 Apr 2011, Lawson English wrote:
>
>> GPLed.   Which means that it will be very iffy for Croquet or Cobalt to
>> incorporate some of the innovations...
>
> Having the GPL license is totally understandable. Releasing the code under
> GPL is much better than not releasing it at all. Ideas can still flow
> between all Croquet descendants.

+1.

German.