What happened to copy/paste and unicode?

What happened to copy/paste and unicode?

timrowledge
There's obviously some recent-ish change relating to the copy/paste buffer that involves unicode and some processing that I simply don't have happening in the RISC OS vm; if I try to do a copy/paste in a 4.3 image on RISC OS it gets all nasty and refuses to play.
Something to do with UTF8ClipboardInterpreter (what?) >fromSystemClipboard etc.

It would almost certainly be faster for someone to explain what got changed than for me to start fiddling around randomly.  What happened? What is *supposed* to happen?

tim
No single raindrop believes it is to blame for the flood

Re: What happened to copy/paste and unicode?

Chris Muller-3
By "gets all nasty and refuses to play" do you mean stripping the
carriage-returns?

On 21-03-2013, at 1:26 PM, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:

> By "gets all nasty and refuses to play" do you mean stripping the
> carriage-returns?

Much nastier; looks like some irritating initialisation problem. If I copy something from an external doc I can paste it into Squeak Ok. Then I can copy and paster from within Squeak after that. So the question becomes why does it work perfectly well in a 4.0 image but not a 4.3? Sigh.

tim
"!" The strange little noise you make when you can't scream...