What happened to the senders browser?

Diego Gomez Deck
Hi,

I don't know when, the browser used to show senders, implementors,
references to clases, etc was changed.

The new browser miss some very useful features available in the former
browser: "filter message list...", "add to message list...", etc.

Where are these features (if they are available)?

If they are not available, how I can use the old (but more convenient)
browser? Is there any preference?

<subjective>
When I'm looking for implementors, senders, references, etc I don't care
of the class grouping the new browser offer me.
</subjective>

Cheers,

-- Diego

Re: What happened to the senders browser?

Marcus Denker

Please add the version of squeak you use to your inquiries ;-)

My guess: Do you have RB installed? in 3.8?

On 18.01.2006, at 10:42, Diego Gomez Deck wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I don't know when, the browser used to show senders, implementors,
> references to clases, etc was changed.
>

> The new browser miss some very useful features available in the former
> browser: "filter message list...", "add to message list...", etc.
>
> Where are these features (if they are available)?
>
> If they are not available, how I can use the old (but more convenient)
> browser? Is there any preference?
>
> <subjective>
> When I'm looking for implementors, senders, references, etc I don't
> care
> of the class grouping the new browser offer me.
> </subjective>
>

> Cheers,
>
> -- Diego

Re: What happened to the senders browser?

Diego Gomez Deck
Hi Marcus,

> Please add the version of squeak you use to your inquiries ;-)

:)

3.8.

> My guess: Do you have RB installed? in 3.8?

Your guess is absolute right.

Cheers,

-- Diego

On 18.01.2006, at 11:26, Diego Gomez Deck wrote:

> Hi Marcus,
>
>> Please add the version of squeak you use to your inquiries ;-)
>
> :)
>
> 3.8.
>
>> My guess: Do you have RB installed? in 3.8?
>
> Your guess is absolute right.

RB patches in these strange browser... I have removed that in the 3.9
version of RB. It might be good to do the same in the 3.8 RB...

              Marcus

On 18.01.2006, at 12:09, Marcus Denker wrote:

>>> My guess: Do you have RB installed? in 3.8?
>>
>> Your guess is absolute right.
>>

> RB patches in these strange browser... I have removed that in the 3.9
> version of RB. It might be good to do the same in the 3.8 RB...

RB 3.8.44 now does not overrite the senders/implementers methods,
thus the old behavior is retained.

         Marcus

Re: What happened to the senders browser?

Chris Muller
> Where are these features (if they are available)?
>
> If they are not available, how I can use the old
> (but more convenient)
> browser? Is there any preference?
>
> <subjective>
> When I'm looking for implementors, senders,
> references, etc I don't care
> of the class grouping the new browser offer me.
> </subjective>

Hi Diego, I'm with you.  I loaded RB and found the
same issue, although I think only when looking for
senders/implementors within the ParagraphEditor
text-pane..

Since I use TracingMessagesBrowser my solution may be
different, but I simply reverted
ParagraphEditor>>#implementorsOfIt and #sendersOfIt to
"BrowserEnvironment new ...".

Hope this helps,
  Chris