What is HydraVM for?

Ang BeePeng
Hi.

I wish to know more about HydraVM? What it really does? Details of how it is different from Squeak. I've search through the web, I've got several documents, but those doesn't answer my question. Where to get detailed documentation about it?

I've got Hydra source in C and Slang. When I try to generate from VMMaker, I got several errors. Is there documentation to follow, step by step? Perhaps, is there anywhere to get a ready-to-run Hydra?

Thank you very much.

Ang Beepeng

Re: What is HydraVM for?

Igor Stasenko
On 28 April 2010 08:44, Ang BeePeng <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Igor.
>
> I wish to know more about HydraVM? What it really does? Details of how it is
> different from Squeak. I've search through the web, I've got several
> documents, but those doesn't answer my question. Where to get detailed
> documentation about it?

You can read the details about it here:
http://squeakvm.org/~sig/hydravm/

> I've got Hydra source in C and Slang. When I try to generate from VMMaker, I
> got several errors. Is there documentation to follow, step by step?

A tools for building Hydra is the same as for usual squeak vm.
A sources, however should be downloaded from different location.
Follow the above link for details.

> Perhaps, is there anywhere to get a ready-to-run Hydra?

check the
ftp.squeak.org/HydraVM/latest_builds/win32

it contains the latest builds, released by me.

I'd like to note, that Hydra is not actively developed anymore.
For instance, its not supports a closures, which integrated lately in
newer Squeak VMs.
A Cog VM, having plans to integrate HydraVM features in future.
But you are welcome, if you want to play with it. Expect rocks failing. :)

> Thank you very much.
>
> Ang Beepeng

Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.