What is happens when uploading package to SqS?

What is happens when uploading package to SqS?

Igor Stasenko

Hello,

it is really strange that uploading VMMaker takes ages and times out
all the times.
While for other packages it works without problems.

Could it be a VMMaker project configuration issue, like sending
notification mails or doing diffs?

VMMaker is quite big comparing to other packages.. but apart from data
size, that needs to be transferred.. what other things
happen on server side, that it takes ages to upload it?

Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Re: What is happens when uploading package to SqS?

David T. Lewis

On Thu, Feb 03, 2011 at 04:11:25PM +0100, Igor Stasenko wrote:

> Hello,
>
> it is really strange that uploading VMMaker takes ages and times out
> all the times.
> While for other packages it works without problems.
>
> Could it be a VMMaker project configuration issue, like sending
> notification mails or doing diffs?
>
> VMMaker is quite big comparing to other packages.. but apart from data
> size, that needs to be transferred.. what other things
> happen on server side, that it takes ages to upload it?

The only thing I can see that is configurable is the commit notices,
which have been set to send mail to the vm-dev list and to my
personal email address. I just now removed my personal address from
the list so that mail will go only to vm-dev now, just in case it
makes a difference. It would be rather alarming if this *did* make
a difference, but you never know...

Dave