Which clase could be used for input the charCode and draw out the font

Which clase could be used for input the charCode and draw out the font

ericgao
As now I could know the charcode for chinese character, i want to take a try input the code directly in somewhere and see how it translate to display on the workspace or transcripts

I wonder whether there is a chartable provide for the code identified? and where the font store in Squeak, some dictionary?

Re: Which clase could be used for input the charCode and draw out the font

Xin Wang
On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 10:36 AM, ericgao <[hidden email]> wrote:

> As now I could know the charcode for chinese character, i want to take a try
> input the code directly in somewhere and see how it translate to display on
> the workspace or transcripts
>
> I wonder whether there is a chartable provide for the code identified? and
> where the font store in Squeak, some dictionary?

The following two Chinese articles maybe helpful to you, although they
are written for Etoys specifically.

http://squeakcn.wordpress.com/2010/10/31/multi-language-char-and-string-support-in-etoys/
http://squeakcn.wordpress.com/2010/10/31/multi-language-font-support-in-etoys/

Re: Which clase could be used for input the charCode and draw out the font

ericgao
As you sample for importing the font from TTC, how could i use it in the system? i typed in the chinese character, it still unaccept it,

I have switch my environment to chinese now, how make it as default font?

And any suggestion on how I try on display a chinese character in a file on the screen
like :

(StringMorph contents: ‘ab’) openInWorld