Who I met this morning ?

12

Re: getting help

Bert Freudenberg

On Apr 17, 2007, at 17:30 , Chris Bacigalupo wrote:

> thanks bert, After shutting down SELinux I get past the first bug
> and on
> to a second bug ... hehe...
>
> Error: A primative has failed
>
> looks like I'm still not finding the openGL libs.

Well make sure you install the nvidia driver correctly.

> Is there a preferred place from which a user should execute
> Croquet.sh?

It needs to stay where it is in the SDK.

- Bert -

Re: getting help

Howard Stearns
This one may be OpenAL.

You can confirm this if you do not have this error with Croquet(Master) or
Demo(Master), but do get the error with SimpleDemo(Master), Sailing(Master) or
KAT Demo.

Install the OpenAL application library (you do not need the OpenAL SDK or
development distro) from http://www.openal.org/downloads.html

--
Howard Stearns
University of Wisconsin - Madison
office:+1-608-262-3724
mobile:+1-608-658-2419

Re: getting help

Chris Bacigalupo
again, thanks so much for all the assistance

I do get the error running Demo(master)

I am running CroquetSDK from the SDK directory

I have a newer version of openal (binanry not devel) already installed.

On Tue, 2007-04-17 at 11:38 -0500, Howard Stearns wrote:

> This one may be OpenAL.
>
> You can confirm this if you do not have this error with Croquet(Master) or
> Demo(Master), but do get the error with SimpleDemo(Master), Sailing(Master) or
> KAT Demo.
>
> Install the OpenAL application library (you do not need the OpenAL SDK or
> development distro) from http://www.openal.org/downloads.html
>

> Chris Bacigalupo wrote:
> > thanks bert, After shutting down SELinux I get past the first bug and on
> > to a second bug ... hehe...
> >
> > Error: A primative has failed
> >
> > looks like I'm still not finding the openGL libs.
> >
> > Is there a preferred place from which a user should execute Croquet.sh?

> >> This appears to be a common problem with SELinux. A google search for
> >> "cannot restore segment prot after reloc" gets more than 10K hits,
> >> including workarounds.
> >>
> >> - Bert -

12