Why have MultiCharacterScanner etc been added back into the image?

Why have MultiCharacterScanner etc been added back into the image?

timrowledge
Why on earth have the old MultiCharacterScanner etc classes been added into the image? NICE & I spent a month a couple of years ago totally rewriting the scanner/font/compositor stuff to remove that entire parallel hierarchy.

See EToys-Squeakland-Multilingual-Scanning.

tim
Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.

Re: Why have MultiCharacterScanner etc been added back into the image?

Hannes Hirzel
I assume nobody has rewired yet the etoys classes to the updated
CharacterScanner classes.

There are not many references to the Multi* classes.

--Hannes

On 3/2/17, tim Rowledge <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Why on earth have the old MultiCharacterScanner etc classes been added into
> the image? NICE & I spent a month a couple of years ago totally rewriting
> the scanner/font/compositor stuff to remove that entire parallel hierarchy.
>
> See EToys-Squeakland-Multilingual-Scanning.
>
> tim
> Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.

CharacterScanner_hierarchy_2017-03-06.png (152K) Download Attachment