Win32 VM Service facility broken?

Torsten Bergmann

This would stop using the VM for seaside/web apps
running as a service on a windows machines.

I know most people use linux for server apps,
but it was always nice to run a local squeaksource server
as a service - which is now not possible with the latest
Win32-VM's.

Are you at least able to confirm that it is
broken?

Bye
T.

Re: Win32 VM Service facility broken?

Igor Stasenko

2009/11/4 Torsten Bergmann <[hidden email]>:

> This would stop using the VM for seaside/web apps
> running as a service on a windows machines.
>
> I know most people use linux for server apps,
> but it was always nice to run a local squeaksource server
> as a service - which is now not possible with the latest
> Win32-VM's.
>
> Are you at least able to confirm that it is
> broken?

If someone could tell me how to run VM as service, i may check.

As a side note:
you can run a VM as a standalone app, with seaside server. So what you losing?

>From very starting, when they appear, i consider services as an
unnecessary and complex solution for resident applications.
Once, i had to build a service-based app, and found that service API
is very fragile and stubborn. For instance, when my application
crashed, while running as service, a system still thinks that its
there by displaying wrong information in 'services' tab.

> Bye
> T.

Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.